• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fred Segal 50% off sale starts tomorrow

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone ever been to one of these? what do they have? it is both S/S and F/W stuff on sale? are the prices decent after the 50% off?

just wondering if it's worth the 30 minute trek out there.

-Jeff

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most of their stuff is on sale but they hide a lot of the better pieces. BoO, Dries, Lanvin, etc will be on sale, but from FS's inflated prices, 50% off is more like 30-40% off. I'm not going to bother.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i would go to the sale for if I lived in LA

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, BTW, if you do decide to go to the sale, better bring an amjack/douchebag resistant coat/jacket.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The sales are ok. Usually very crowded, and I've never found anything I liked, but I havent been in a few years either.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm going to check it out today, I heard it's going to be pretty decent this time and the new fall stuff which of any lines where there isn't much left of will supposedly be on sale also. Yes you need a douche resistant coat (why are these people here is what I was wondering last time) and it's more like 40 off with their inflated pricing.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh? You guys are crazy, I look forward to this sale every year. Everything is 50% off. Yes, the prices are inflated to begin with, but the selection is unrivaled. Picked up another pair of raw 5EPs, a W&H hoodie, a Dries Van Noten button up shirt, Peter Thomas Roth face wash and some random t-shirts. Saw some raw Helmut Lang jeans, Red Ears, Surface to Air, MMM, Oliver Peoples, Thome Brown, BoO, Rag & Bone, Paul Smith...just tons of stuff. Even though it gets kind of crazy, the staff is still friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this sale.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their retail on DVN S/S is like $220-240. I'm not interested in paying $120-130 or so after tax on dries shirts, nor am I interested in paying $170-230 for Margiela Line 10/14 shirts or $300+ for Lanvin shirts. Yes if you were going to buy this stuff at full retail anyways, then I guess it's fine, but there are plenty of sources for the European designers that are less expensive.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Well I tried to go but I couldn't even turn into the ******* lot as traffic was as backed up as fok's toilet. After sitting for a minute on crescent heights waiting for cars to move I said ******* and mashed out 8k rpm style. **** was Douchefest 2007 with the finest and dirtiest of LA wearing flip flops, cargos, graphic Ts and mesh caps flocking for 50 off the same **** they're wearing. I don't know who's buying all the **** on the second floor since every one here dresses **** and that's putting it lightly.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I fixed the toilet. So shut it.

crackup[1].gif

Go to sleep my nig.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved this sale when I was in L.A. on business. Go to the Santa Monica store rather than the Melrose Avenue one.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went today, and hit both of them. In Santa Monica, the stuff was pretty good in the store that sells all the Paul Smith. Nothing in particular caught my eye, but it was nice enough walking through. I was disappointed at Melrose, though, as they had the Nudie Even Steven Organic Dry, which I'd sort of wanted, in either a 29 or 31, but no 30, which is what I'd need those in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads