• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fred Perry

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a place in LA that stocks the "made in england" fred perry? The only place I've been able to find them is Barneys. Or an online source would be good too. I recently ordered a polo from www.fredperry.com and they sent me a "made in macau" polo. wtf? It's ginormous compared to my made in england polo, same size too.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The single best place for Fred Perry in LA is at Posers (formerly Mondial) on Melrose. They have a jawdropping selection of Freds including stuff made in Italy, as well as the current China/Macau/Portugal....and they have some Made in UK as well.

The best online source for made in UK Fred was www.sourpussclothing.com but their stock has been picked off over the past year.

They're also the best stockist for Ben Sherman, much better than the BS store in Beverly Center. Poser's selection is huge and they only pick the *right* merchandise.

It's a mod/skinhead's nirvana in there.

modual

Reaction score
Talking of Fred perry i just managed to get hold of the limited edition polo they did with Paul Weller. Superb shirt with 2" side slits at the hem, 60's style logo and knit, and the collar is slightly bigger than the "made in England" Freds. I'm sure Get smart would appreciate it

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
The single best place for Fred Perry in LA is at Posers (formerly Mondial) on Melrose. They have a jawdropping selection of Freds including stuff made in Italy, as well as the current China/Macau/Portugal....and they have some Made in UK as well.

The best online source for made in UK Fred was www.sourpussclothing.com but their stock has been picked off over the past year.

They're also the best stockist for Ben Sherman, much better than the BS store in Beverly Center. Poser's selection is huge and they only pick the *right* merchandise.

It's a mod/skinhead's nirvana in there.

Is Fred Perry big with Mods in england? I had two friends who are huge mods and when one went to study in england, everyone was telling him not to wear that. He went to london to a few mod hangouts and they were all wearing ben sherman and merck. Personally I think Fred Perry is really cool but I've heard more than once that it's a bit of a nono.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get Smart - Sweet. I'll check them out this week. Yeah I noticed that the BS store in the bev center didn't really have all that much, maybe they just switch out their selection more frequently?

Modual - you should post a pic of the shirt

seanchai

Reaction score
Some Swiss girls told me Fred Perry is worn by neo-Nazis in Germany, ostensibly because the laurel wreath is like what Caesar wore, and Caesar = Hitler? Anyway, the point is Swiss girl logic is ****.

Actually Fred Perry was worn a lot in the late 70s/early 80s by traveling Liverpool fans on the continent, many of which were also skinheads. I think that's how it ended up in Germany. It's popular streetwear here in London but mostly just worn by your average joe.

I just realized this post is not helpful at all. But I DID buy a Merc polo today.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
Forgot to say this place ships worldwide and sells what you're looking for along with original Ben Sherman. Never used them mind.

http://warriorclothing.com/

I buy my BS shirts from Warrior. They sell Made in UK Ben Shermans which fit differently (better) and are stitched better than the BS's you get in US. Great service and good prices with fast delivery.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
Is Fred Perry big with Mods in england? I had two friends who are huge mods and when one went to study in england, everyone was telling him not to wear that. He went to london to a few mod hangouts and they were all wearing ben sherman and merck. Personally I think Fred Perry is really cool but I've heard more than once that it's a bit of a nono.

eh, depends who you talk with. Some diehard mods think Fred Perry has become chav-wear (in England). But Chavs wear the stuff in a completely different way so it's not like you're gonna be mistaken for one just because you have a Fred. We dont really have "Chavs" in the US so it's not an issue over here.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seanchai
Some Swiss girls told me Fred Perry is worn by neo-Nazis in Germany, ostensibly because the laurel wreath is like what Caesar wore, and Caesar = Hitler? Anyway, the point is Swiss girl logic is ****.

ugh, dont believe the hype. Freds have historically been worn by the mod/skin crowd so of course someone is going to link fred perry with "neo nazis". Has nothing to do with laurels and Caesar/Hitler. The urban myths that get started around this stuff is insane.

Modual, yea I passed on my opp to get the Paul Weller shirt for my own reasons. Glad you got one tho.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Get Smart - Sweet. I'll check them out this week. Yeah I noticed that the BS store in the bev center didn't really have all that much, maybe they just switch out their selection more frequently?

no, the Bev Center store carries more AmJack club clothing than the "heritage" shirts of BS. Posers only carries 60s mod influenced shirts and jackets that made Ben Sherman famous to begin with.

seanchai

Reaction score
ugh, dont believe the hype. Freds have historically been worn by the mod/skin crowd so of course someone is going to link fred perry with "neo nazis". Has nothing to do with laurels and Caesar/Hitler. The urban myths that get started around this stuff is insane.

Yeah I know. If anyone's going to do it, it's Swiss girls.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh, depends who you talk with. Some diehard mods think Fred Perry has become chav-wear (in England). But Chavs wear the stuff in a completely different way so it's not like you're gonna be mistaken for one just because you have a Fred. We dont really have "Chavs" in the US so it's not an issue over here.

I have to admitt, I didn't know what a chav was, so I looked up "chavs" on urbandictionary and spent the last 15 minutes laughing ****** off. Oh my god, those definitions are hilarious. ******* classic.

I'd say the american equivalent to a chav is a "bro."

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Kevin Federline is a perfect US Chav!
mwink[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics