• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fred perry help

viking_mike

Reaction score
does anybody know where one would go about purchasing fred perry polos in xs, preferably online? thanks

minya

Reaction score
I can't answer your question, but make sure whatever you get is made in England. They fit a lot slimmer and look like they're much better made than the Portuguese or HK ones.

viking_mike

Reaction score
so a small in a made in england might fight like a xs in a hk or portuguese made one? i have never tried a fred perry polo on so i am guessing i would wear an xs as i have around a 32" chest...

Wade M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
I can't answer your question, but make sure whatever you get is made in England. They fit a lot slimmer and look like they're much better made than the Portuguese or HK ones.
Second that, HIGHLY!!! Huge difference in quailty, but the costs is the same! Edit: Yes you would be an XS. I'm a 38" and wear a medium, which is nice and fitted. --Wade

coachvu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by viking_mike
does anybody know where one would go about purchasing fred perry polos in xs, preferably online? thanks

I know Ben Silver sells them, but I don't know if they are the made in England line. They also have a few in their factory outlet, which is linked from their webpage.

www.bensilver.com

viking_mike

Reaction score
i looked there and couldn't find the ones in their regular store...just in the factory outlet which has some great buys if you are a med or bigger

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Are they even made in XS? I've never seen one.

the sizing and quality are definitely varying from Made in England and Made in HK/Portugal. I wear a size S in HK/Portugal for a fitted look, but wear a Med in UK. And in no way should you get those made in Singapore one's you see all over ebay. Bought one to try out and it sucks ass. Loses shape fast, the collars pill quickly, a total trainwreck.

viking_mike

Reaction score
on the web shop at www.fredperry.com they have one button down shirt in xs but it said it was currently out of stock...also i have seen somebody post they were wearing an xs fred perry once in a waywt thread (maybe haptronic???). i am now considering getting this http://cgi.ebay.com/Dior-homme-Summe...QQcmdZViewItem as it will probably end up being the same price as getting a fred perry shipped from the uk...i am pretty sure it is real but i wish i could ask the dh msn group but i can't join for some reason as i don't have a msn email. on oipolloi.com they have 36" chest and all are uk made ones...maybe that would fit if it shrank a bit?

tommib

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 37" chest and wear the XS made in England Fred Perry shirt. It costs £55 in the offical shop in Covent Garden. Its a tight fit, but I've tried a Small and it seemed too long and not so fitted on me. I am 5'11" and pretty slim but not overly skinny. On a 40 degree wash they do shrink a bit, and don't tumble dry them either! They had XS on the website a few weeks ago, but they sold out and haven't reappeared. Small in the HK or Portugal or CDG are like a Medium in the Made in England.

One other thing, I ordered a Small of their official website ages ago, and it fits perfectly, however, its actually smaller than my XS, so I assume they just sewed the wrong tag in or something.

Tom

viking_mike

Reaction score
ok, great! i will just check the webshop a little more often and see if i can order a few off there.

tommib

Reaction score
Hey, just checked OiPolloi and if you wanted that white one in 36" chest I think it'll definately fit you! Its the smallest they go!

viking_mike

Reaction score
so 36" is the xs? also, are all the shirts from the fred perry webshop made in england?

tommib

Reaction score
Originally Posted by viking_mike
so 36" is the xs? also, are all the shirts from the fred perry webshop made in england?

All the ones in the 'limited edition' section of the webstore, although they're not limited edition at all. 32" chest is very skinny, are you sure you measured yourself right? The XS Made In England is very smallest Fred Perry you can get, plus it'll shrink a bit. Tom.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics