Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Freakishly Small Wrists

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by BoilerRoom, Dec 14, 2009.

1. BoilerRoom

BoilerRoom Senior member

Is anyone else cursed with this awkward affliction? My wrists are approximately 6" in circumference. I've always been aware of this, but it really came to my attention after I saw a picture of myself in which I literally looked photoshopped.

Strangely, my dad is broad and big boned and my mom is of average size. Anyone else with wrist/ body proportion abnormalities that seem to contradict their genetics??

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

3. Listi

Listi Senior member

My wrist is about the circumference of a dollar bill. My chest is about 32.5". I'm ~5'9", a shade under. I guess so. I don't care, I don't think I look awkward. I guess I don't have the long legs affliction that's making you look tall.

4. tor

tor Senior member

My wrists are about 6.15". My chest is about 38" last time I measured, probably gotten a little bigger since I've started working out. I'm 6'0", 31-32 inseam. Then again, I'm Asian.

5. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

All you've gotta do is work out. My skinniest wrist is 6.5". That's pretty skinny but has gone down since I stopped working out.

6. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Wear smaller watches.

/problem solved

7. sunror

sunror Senior member

no one is going to fixate on your wrists

i have very skinny wrists and ankles resulting in torn ankle ligaments on both ankles and a broken right wrist

8. Asch

Asch Senior member

Small wrists, ankles, knees, etc. are an advantage if you want to look muscular (not that everyone does).

I wouldn't consider 6" to be a "freakishly" small wrist, merely small.

9. javyn

javyn Senior member

6" here, but on the bright side, it makes my dick look really really thick when I'm grabbing a hold of it for a picture.

10. epb

epb Senior member

no one is going to fixate on your wrists

Years ago, I was in a meeting at work, typing on my laptop when a female co-worker commented on what great-looking wrists and hands I have. While I'm looking at her like she just started speaking ancient Etruscan, a bunch of other women in the room started in with "Doesn't he? I've always loved those!" It was freaking surreal. I'm always reminded of it when watching "V for Vendetta" where a lesbian character says her first love had the loveliest wrists she'd ever seen.

People are strange, and fixate on anything and everything.

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

Small joints look amazing when you put lean mass on them. It gives an illusion that you're bigger than you really are. My wrists are like 6.5, I'm 5'11 weigh about 185. 'Big boned' people aren't as aesthetically pleasing in my opnion. Again though, that's just me.

12. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Small joints look amazing when you put lean mass on them. It gives an illusion that you're bigger than you really are. My wrists are like 6.5, I'm 5'11 weigh about 185. 'Big boned' people aren't as aesthetically pleasing in my opnion. Again though, that's just me.

+1 except I'm only 169. But yeah, looks good with muscles and also teh kawk.

13. dcg

dcg Senior member

Unfortunately, not much you can do to beef up your wrists - just bone and tendon, no muscle there. 6.5" wrists here, so I feel your pain.

14. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

do you play piano? pianists have bony fingers and thin wrists

(5.9 inches, no matter how much you work out itll never get bigger)

15. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

o_0 are you morbidly obese? i am 5' 10'' and 145...