1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Franchising

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by ANIKETOS, May 1, 2011.

1. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Lol not that far,it's actually 9 highly qualified in their fields. It's not that bad since it's running itself now and it's in a total different area of expertise than mine. Plus the market here is small so I'm impressed its up to 20 by now.

Enough about me,can we get back to the subject at hand, What franchises do you frequent?

Dude...

Have you even googled "franchising"? All of the information that you need to pick the best franchise for you is available for free online. Average startup costs, average profitability, the nature of coporate interactions (how hard they'll shaft you, if they'll provide training, mentoring, advertising, etc.), density of each franchise in your region, individual accounts of experiences in franchising, etc.

The fact that you're asking about which franchises we frequent demonstrates a HUGE misunderstanding of the nature of franchises. Consider how representative the denizens of BCE are of the population at large. Consider how representative they are, more importantly, of the population of the area that you occupy.

I'm happy for you and your company. It sounds like you managed to get something figured out that works. What you have is rare. Cultivate it, make some more money, sell it, and then retire rich. You don't want a franchise business, and you aren't ready for one.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Dude...

Have you even googled "franchising"? All of the information that you need to pick the best franchise for you is available for free online. Average startup costs, average profitability, the nature of coporate interactions (how hard they'll shaft you, if they'll provide training, mentoring, advertising, etc.), density of each franchise in your region, individual accounts of experiences in franchising, etc.

The fact that you're asking about which franchises we frequent demonstrates a HUGE misunderstanding of the nature of franchises. Consider how representative the denizens of BCE are of the population at large. Consider how representative they are, more importantly, of the population of the area that you occupy.

I'm happy for you and your company. It sounds like you managed to get something figured out that works. What you have is rare. Cultivate it, make some more money, sell it, and then retire rich. You don't want a franchise business, and you aren't ready for one.

At the top of the thread I directed him towards the FDD. All you need to know and they are not hard to get if you contact HO and they feel you're remotely qualified. He started off wrong by asking how to get around franchising requirements. As I had said, Corporate wants to do what's best for Corporate, so forget Corporate waiving requirements.

3. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

4. RSS

RSS Senior member

What franchises do you frequent?
    Off the top of my head, none. I'll try and think of one ... and return to post.

5. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Lol not that far,it's actually 9 highly qualified in their fields. It's not that bad since it's running itself now and it's in a total different area of expertise than mine. Plus the market here is small so I'm impressed its up to 20 by now.

Enough about me,can we get back to the subject at hand, What franchises do you frequent?

Fast food franchises, namely Subway since it's cheap, quick, and healthier than most other fast foods. I'll eat at McDonalds or some other FF burger place like once every 6 weeks and Popeye's Fried Chicken once every 2-3 weeks. That's about all I can think of.

6. RSS

RSS Senior member

Popeye's Fried Chicken
    Having grown up in New Orleans, I will make a rare visit to Popeye's Fried Chicken ... especially if on the road and in a bit of a rush while finding myself hungry.

But just to be up front, in Louisiana there is no such thing as "Cajun Rice" ... it's called dirty rice. Moreover, dirty rice isn't made by adding ground beef as does Popeyes ... but by adding little bits of chicken liver or giblets ... along with numerous other ingredients such as onion, celery, bell pepper ... as well as black, white & red ground pepper.

7. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Surprisingly, all of the worst Popeye's Chicken I've been to are in Louisiana. I've been to Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and Shreveport and they all sucked for some reason. The best one I remember was in Arkansas.

8. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

The best one I remember was in Arkansas.

Hell yeah, which one if you don't mind me asking? The one over by my high school was incredible.

9. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

10. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

Anyone try five guys? What do u think of their burgers?

11. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    I think they're fine. Five Guys isn't going to allow you to open a location internationally and unless you currently own territory in the U.S. or Canada, you can't open in either of those places.

12. jrobertr

jrobertr Member

The one by my campus does well. I gave it a try not too long ago and wasn't impressed, I enjoyed the fries more than the burger...

13. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

The food is good but I don't go there too often since I try to eat healthy most of the time.

I don't like the size portions on the fries. It's either you split a small fries with a friend or throw away half your fries since they give you a crapload for a small serving.

14. M. Bardamu

M. Bardamu Senior member

What franchises do you frequent?

Chicken Ranch.

15. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Once you understand that your interests and that of the franchisor are diametrically opposed you will not become a franchise owner. They want to open more franchises, collect more franchise fees and enlarge their royalty stream. If your business suffers they feel really really bad but they really really dont care that much.