• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Franchising

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
Adding that 2nd employee, I see.

crackup[1].gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
Adding that 2nd employee, I see.

I actually lol'ed.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Lol not that far,it's actually 9 highly qualified in their fields. It's not that bad since it's running itself now and it's in a total different area of expertise than mine. Plus the market here is small so I'm impressed its up to 20 by now.

Enough about me,can we get back to the subject at hand, What franchises do you frequent?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sbux is about the only one I frequent. Most people here are probably not the profile franchise consumer.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ANIKETOS
Lol not that far,it's actually 9 highly qualified in their fields. It's not that bad since it's running itself now and it's in a total different area of expertise than mine. Plus the market here is small so I'm impressed its up to 20 by now.

Enough about me,can we get back to the subject at hand, What franchises do you frequent?

Dude...

Have you even googled "franchising"? All of the information that you need to pick the best franchise for you is available for free online. Average startup costs, average profitability, the nature of coporate interactions (how hard they'll shaft you, if they'll provide training, mentoring, advertising, etc.), density of each franchise in your region, individual accounts of experiences in franchising, etc.

The fact that you're asking about which franchises we frequent demonstrates a HUGE misunderstanding of the nature of franchises. Consider how representative the denizens of BCE are of the population at large. Consider how representative they are, more importantly, of the population of the area that you occupy.

I'm happy for you and your company. It sounds like you managed to get something figured out that works. What you have is rare. Cultivate it, make some more money, sell it, and then retire rich. You don't want a franchise business, and you aren't ready for one.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Dude...

Have you even googled "franchising"? All of the information that you need to pick the best franchise for you is available for free online. Average startup costs, average profitability, the nature of coporate interactions (how hard they'll shaft you, if they'll provide training, mentoring, advertising, etc.), density of each franchise in your region, individual accounts of experiences in franchising, etc.

The fact that you're asking about which franchises we frequent demonstrates a HUGE misunderstanding of the nature of franchises. Consider how representative the denizens of BCE are of the population at large. Consider how representative they are, more importantly, of the population of the area that you occupy.

I'm happy for you and your company. It sounds like you managed to get something figured out that works. What you have is rare. Cultivate it, make some more money, sell it, and then retire rich. You don't want a franchise business, and you aren't ready for one.

At the top of the thread I directed him towards the FDD. All you need to know and they are not hard to get if you contact HO and they feel you're remotely qualified. He started off wrong by asking how to get around franchising requirements. As I had said, Corporate wants to do what's best for Corporate, so forget Corporate waiving requirements.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What franchises do you frequent?
Off the top of my head, none. I'll try and think of one ... and return to post.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fast food franchises, namely Subway since it's cheap, quick, and healthier than most other fast foods. I'll eat at McDonalds or some other FF burger place like once every 6 weeks and Popeye's Fried Chicken once every 2-3 weeks. That's about all I can think of.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
Popeye's Fried Chicken
Having grown up in New Orleans, I will make a rare visit to Popeye's Fried Chicken ... especially if on the road and in a bit of a rush while finding myself hungry.

But just to be up front, in Louisiana there is no such thing as "Cajun Rice" ... it's called dirty rice. Moreover, dirty rice isn't made by adding ground beef as does Popeyes ... but by adding little bits of chicken liver or giblets ... along with numerous other ingredients such as onion, celery, bell pepper ... as well as black, white & red ground pepper.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, all of the worst Popeye's Chicken I've been to are in Louisiana. I've been to Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and Shreveport and they all sucked for some reason. The best one I remember was in Arkansas.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
The best one I remember was in Arkansas.

Hell yeah, which one if you don't mind me asking? The one over by my high school was incredible.

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Anyone try five guys? What do u think of their burgers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads