• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Francesco Smalto trunk show in Hong Kong, bespoke from $9600

knownothing

Reaction score
Have anyone been to Paris to use their service, the trunk show was on 2nd of Nov at Mandarine Landmark. Just wondering WHO will be on the guest list!

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their clothes aren't in the U.S. Think Jill Sander, Prada, Gucci, etc.............

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Their clothes aren't in the U.S. Think Jill Sander, Prada, Gucci, etc.............
yikes, you weren't kidding.

why would you pay someone to make you "bespoke" clothes that fit the way they do on the models on that website?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Smalto was originally a cutter with one of the great French tailors. From the 1960s or so, he struck out on his own and made a name for himself as a designer.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not a bad fashion collection considering everything else that is out there these days.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Smalto was originally a cutter with one of the great French tailors. From the 1960s or so, he struck out on his own and made a name for himself as a designer.
He was at Camps, wasn't he?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Smalto made clothing for my father in the late 70's and early 80's.
Really beautiful work. Mostly hand made.
He was arrested and convicted of pandering. Basicaly supplying prostitutes to his wealthy arab clientele.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
Smalto was arrested and convicted of pandering. Basicaly supplying prostitutes to his wealthy arab clientele.

Paris court finds Smalto guilty in pandering case. (Francesco Smalto, fashion designer, found guilty of sending women as gifts)(Brief Article)

PARIS -- Designer Francesco Smalto, accused of providing women as well as suits for an African president, has been found guilty of pandering by a Paris district court and fined nearly $120,000 (600,000 francs).

In his ruling, Judge Thierry Devernoix de Bonnefon found that Smalto had dispatched women as "corporate gifts" to one of his top clients, Omar Bongo, president of the African nation of Gabon.

In a hearing on the case last month, the court, based on depositions during its inquiry, estimated that Bongo ordered roughly $600,000 (3 million francs) worth of suits annually ..

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Well, you've got to admire his commitment to customer service.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
Well, you've got to admire his commitment to customer service.
That's almost priceless coming from Patrick Bateman because I can so see that character saying that.
wink.gif

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
those coats and trousers looks quite good actually. What is the price point of this designer? I see they don't yet have a store in HK yet, but given that they just held the trunk show at the landmark mandarin and their Macau store is in the Mandarin, I guess they are having a store opening in central soon.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
In a hearing on the case last month, the court, based on depositions during its inquiry, estimated that Bongo ordered roughly $600,000 (3 million francs) worth of suits annually ..
I spend that much on after shave.
rimshot.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I spend that much on after shave.
rimshot.gif

I think it was Napoleon who had large amounts of cologne made-up to bring onto the battlefield as well to bathe in. I believe it was Muelhens's 4711 scent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads