• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Franceschetti shoes quality?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any opinions?

I know the standard in SF is Goodyear construction but I would like to know if anyone has Franceschetti shoes and their feedback of them. Saw a couple at Barney's Warehouse Sale today and was intrigued.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like them. Just wish the pair I'm selling fit me a little better.

leftt

Harper

Reaction score
FWIW I purchased a pair but have yet to wear them so can't tell you how they hold up in the real world. I don't know if they are a good value at full price but at Warehouse pricing it seems about right. I really like the color - a very rich "reddish brown" - and they have that Italian flair. They fit me very well but with one caveat. I typically wear a 10 (EG and Paul Stuart) and these are marked 42.5 in the shoe and 9.5 on the box. Hope that helps.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MSRP is always inflated but around the $200 (and even <$200 if there are additional discounts) they may be nice fringe shoes.

I look forward to hearing your feedback. Thanks!

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
The shoes are very well made - majority of their shoes are machine goodyear welted, some are blake....

The shops I visit Vienna and Dusseldorf has a full range of the Franceschetti shoes and style. They retail in the range of €295 to €450...the shoes use very soft leather and lots of work goes into the antiquing/burnishing....

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Franceschetti produces shoes in different styles under the labels Franceschetti, W Gibbs and Lendvay & Schwarcz.

Almost all of their output is manufactured in 'Blake Rapid', which might not have been invented by the company, but under their (Austrian or German) production manager Kurt Gruber they have made a number of modifications to Blake Rapid manufacture in the 1980s and it's their method of choice.

http://www.franceschetti.it/en/

Last edited:

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks for the correction BS - The ones I see alot in Dusseldorf are labelled Lendvay & Schwarcz - and quite a few are welted.

montenapoleone

Reaction score
Hi all, I was at the company last week ordering shoes for our retailer's (enclosed a few images for you).
Their shoes are indeed well made, obviously not fully hand-made which is also impossible to find such pair of shoes nowadays, but their leather is among the best and it's also tanned in France (many do not know this).
I own a few pairs myself, classy and sharp.

J3ff

Reaction score
Just received my newest pair of Franceschettis in Oxblood. Damn these feel perfect right out of the box. Look like they're Blake Rapid constructed, very great quality. Not Goodyear, as the stitch is on the inside, too. Retail $715, purchased for $300.

I'm not sure why the $715 price as opposed to their usual $595 through Barneys, but it's worth every penny!

And, yes, I am wearing them with a blue pinstriped suit. So sue me!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads