• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fragrances?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just curious what fragrances most people on this board use.

I post on basenotes quite often and have quite a few fragrances, currently using mostly creed stuff for daily use though.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i use pretty much nothing, now. ever since my wife first got pregnant (coming up on 3 years ago) she's been unable to tolerate any smell-goody on me.

however just yesterday she was commenting positively on my shave soap from body time, it's a 'sagebrush' scent. so i'm hoping this is my re-entree into the olfactory world.

prior to the odor kibbosh, i was using dunhill cologne. i loved the tobacco flavor.

/andrew - smells like teen spirit

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently upped my very small collection of colognes; I now have the following in my medicine cabinet:

Acqua Di Parma Colonia
Acqua Di Parma Mandorlo Di Sicilia (awesome)
Creed Irish Tweed
Helmut Lang Cuiron

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Foxx, sounds like a good selection of colognes. Acqua di Parma scents and GIT are both great choices, Cuiron is pretty good too. Have you ever tried Creed Millesime Imperial? That is probably my favorite scent.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my big 3:

Lorenzo Villoresi- Yerbamate, Musk, Vetiver, Spezie, Uomo
L'Artisan Parfumeur- Dzing., Eau de Navigateur
Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier- Santal Noble, Racine, Eau des Iles

all fabulous & somewhat off the beaten track

+ various others (inc. the aforementioned Cuiron)

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JL, sounds like a nice set of fragrances, I actually just tried Eau de Iles today, I like it quite a bit, D'zing is nice too, and LVs are pretty classic, do you go to basenotes at all?

LabelKing, Aedes is a nice place, I order things from there from time to time.

I have about 50 fragrances, but the ones I use the most often are:

Creed: Silver Mountain Water, Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, Bois de Portugal, Himalaya, Selection Verte

Lorenzo Villoresi: Uomo, Yerba Mate

YSL: M7 Fresh, M7, Rive Gauche

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burberry Touch. Only when I need to. Hate wearing cologne. Too little, and there is hardly any point. Too much (most guys) and too much hair product, and why don't you just advertise that you're going to the local meat market to find a woman who wants nothing more than too much white zin and a little slap and tickle.

Brian SD

Reaction score
What was that huge fragrance website where users would review the scents and give them a rating?

rsp1

Reaction score
I don't wear it often, but when I do it's either Gendarme or Thierry Muegler Cologne - both are very light, fresh scents (just out of the shower smell).

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AJL, sounds like a nice set of fragrances, I actually just tried Eau de Iles today, I like it quite a bit, D'zing is nice too, and LVs are pretty classic, do you go to basenotes at all?

LabelKing, Aedes is a nice place, I order things from there from time to time.

I have about 50 fragrances, but the ones I use the most often are:

Creed: Silver Mountain Water, Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, Bois de Portugal, Himalaya, Selection Verte

Lorenzo Villoresi: Uomo, Yerba Mate

YSL: M7 Fresh, M7, Rive Gauche
Indeed, I am a veteran of the basenotes trenches, though I seem to be more obsessed with SF & clothing lately.

If you like Eau des Iles (a big fave of 6Cats.--who actually has 7 cats, last I knew), see if you can get a hold of Eau de Navigateur; to my nose it is more subtle & refined, though made by the same fellow--monsieur Jean LaPorte, of MPG & L'Artisan fame. BTW, it is no longer available in the US for some strange reason, but can be had through some European channels. Give 'em smell.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brian, Basenotes.net is the site you are talking about, Makeupalley has some female reviews, but basenotes is the largest fragrance related site. AJL I'm obsessed with both fragrances and clothing which is an issue
smile.gif
RSP, those are both good scents, I have both and like them quite a bit.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own more than 40 fragrances. Here are some of my favorites:

Lorenzo Villoresi:
"Piper Nigrum" My all-time favorite. An amazing, complex wonderful mix of pepper and spices. Villoresi is a genius.

Creed:
"Green Irish Tweed" Classic citrus and sandalwood
"Vintage Tabarome" Heavy tobacco scent

Diptyque:
"Philosykos" An interesting fig scent

Penhaligons:
"Endymion" Vanilla, sandalwood, just a hint of citrus

I could go on all day on this subject, but these are some of my current favorites. When the weather is hot, I have several citrus fragrances I pull out as well.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like piper, do you think it is a bit strong for everyday use though? GIT is one of my staples. I'm looking at amouage gold/silver or one of the clive christian scents for an evening scent, going to sample them and see.

Kai do you go to basenotes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads