Fragrances?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Aug 31, 2004.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Creed Bois du Portugal

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Bois de Portugal is very nice, layering it with Neroli Savage is awesome too.

4. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

Frederic Malle / Jean-Claude Ellena

5. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

Lately, I've mainly been wearing two scents from L'Occitane-en-Provence:

Cade, which is mainly juniper, along with slight notes of nutmeg, ginger, and paprika.

Eau de l'Occitan, which is mainly lavender and burnt wood.

If I ever splurge I want to buy Acqua di Parma Colonia, Creed Millesime Imperiale, Creed Silver Mountain Water, and Jo Malone Wild Fig & Cassis.

6. Kai

Kai Senior member

Piper is not my everyday scent, but I have worn it to the office on occasion. For evening, I think it has few peers. GIT is probably the most versatile scent there is. Good for just about every occasion.

Yes, I frequent basenotes on occasion. Haven't posted there in a while. After reading a thousand posts, it can get a bit repetitive. Lots of the same questions and answers (more so than here). I do get ideas for new scents from the page. There are some people on the forum who seem to have similar tastes to mine, so when they find things they like, I'm often interested enough to order up a sample.

Hard to find, but worth looking for is Fragonard's "Ciecle" A very nice fragrance with a vanilla base, much like Penhaligon's Endymion, but (I think) more complex and interesting.

7. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Kai, if I remember correctly, you liked Malle's Vetiver - have you tried the new "Original Vetiver" from Creed? This is not the old "Vetiver", totally different scent: lighter/fresher. The bottle is the typical Creed shape, but the colour is a graduated green

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Lorenzo Villoresi also makes a nice vetvier, as does annick goutal... I think the classic Guerlain is quite nice though.

9. Alias

Alias Senior member

I just swap between Issey Miyake and RLPL. I don't wear a lot these days, because lingering scents of any kind suck in an office with recirculating air.

10. brescd01

brescd01 Senior member

deleted

11. Kai

Kai Senior member

Yes, I'm a big fan of Malle's Vetiver Extrordinaire. I haven't tried Creed's Original Vetiver. Perhaps next time I'm ordering some samples, I should get one. My wife likes Malle's Vetiver. She says it makes me smell like I've been mowing the lawn, which (like watching me do dishes, laundry, and other housework) puts her in a very romantic frame of mind. [​IMG]

12. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

(T4phage @ 01 Sep. 2004, 12:30) Kai, if I remember correctly, you liked Malle's Vetiver - have you tried the new "Original Vetiver" from Creed? This is not the old "Vetiver", totally different scent: lighter/fresher. Â The bottle is the typical Creed shape, but the colour is a graduated green
    Yes, I'm a big fan of Malle's Vetiver Extrordinaire. Â I haven't tried Creed's Original Vetiver. Â Perhaps next time I'm ordering some samples, I should get one. Â My wife likes Malle's Vetiver. Â She says it makes me smell like I've been mowing the lawn, which (like watching me do dishes, laundry, and other housework) puts her in a very romantic frame of mind. Â [​IMG]
    My wife prefers the cologne I wore when we first met: Paco Rabbane's Eau de Sport. Does anyone remember the similar topic we had on Andy's?

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

RLPL I think is a fairly nice cologne but it doesn't last too particularly long unfortunately.

14. Chimes

Chimes Member

im getting down to the bottoms of these bottles:

D&G "Masculine"
    Chanel "Platinum"

i'm in the market for some new choices so thanks for all the new scents for me to check out fellas.

15. Super Fly

Super Fly Well-Known Member

paco rabanne pour homme, eau de toilette. Classic scent and bottle.