• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fragrance Top 10

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrekTheWorld
Has anyone tried the new Diesel: Fuel for life? It has a very unique raspberry smell.

Smelled it at NM because the girlfriend and I both had a phase in our teens when we thought awesomely distressed Diesels were the ****. Sort of like a trip down memory lane if you will.
It smelled like my electric raspberry flavored creatine powder. I could not get it out of my nostrils for the rest of the day.
Horrendous.

Reaction score
My top ten that I wore for fall/winter 07/08

(In no particular oder)

1. Black Orchid
2. Terre D'Hermes
3. A*Men
4. CDG Skai
5. Narciso Rodriguez for Him
6. Hanae Mori
7. Dior Homme
8. Alien
9. Tom Ford for Men
10. Fleur De Male

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrekTheWorld
Has anyone tried the new Diesel: Fuel for life? It has a very unique raspberry smell.
I thought it was rather pleasant, less foody and artificial than I would have thought for raspberry, but I can't imagine who would wear it in what circumstances.

fashionnoob

Reaction score
My current rotation:

Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Bois du Portugal
Bvlgari Pour Homme
YSL L'Homme
John Varvatos
YSL Rive Gauche
Gucci Envy
Rochas Man
Armani Code

The Creed GIT and Bvlgari are great daytime, office scents. The Rochas Man, Envy, and Code are my nighttime frags.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread but, I will be getting married in a couple of months and I am looking for a scent that is worthy of the most important day of my life until now. It will be an evening wedding.

To give you an idea of my taste, I currently use YSL Rive Gauche daily and A*Men on the weekends. I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice.

fashionnoob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Not to hijack this thread but, I will be getting married in a couple of months and I am looking for a scent that is worthy of the most important day of my life until now. It will be an evening wedding.

To give you an idea of my taste, I currently use YSL Rive Gauche daily and A*Men on the weekends. I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice.

If you like Rive Gauche, I suggest:

Guerlain Heritage
Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
Chanel Antaeus
Cartier Santos

These are all very formal, powerful, masculine fragrances.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks FN - someone had recommended Chanel Antaeus to me in the past. I'll try to get a decant of your suggestions!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola

You might also check on Eau Sauvage or Guerlain Vetiver - both are classics, appropriate for summertime, and not out of place with black tie.

Also recommend Chanel Antaeus, vintage stock if you can find it.

IGORSEMONOV

Reaction score
My top 10:
Penhaligon "Blenheim Bouquet"
Chanel " Egoiste"
Hermes " Terre..."
Serge Lutens " Shipr Rouge"
Hermes "Equipage"
Varvatos " John Varvatos"
Serge Lutens " White Cedar"
Chanel "Allure homme"- no sport
Guerlain " L'instant..."
Serge Lutens "Sultan"

haTTer

Reaction score
Here's mine

Vetiver Guerlain
Frederic Malle Epices Noir
Bulvari Extreme
Creed Vetiver
Aqua De Parma
Dupont
Umo Trussardi
Eau Sauvage Chrsitian Dior
Farenheit
Azzaro Pour Homme by Azzaro
Terre d´HermÃ
00a9.png
s

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with scents and hardly use them, but Helmut Lang Cuiron was always my go to cologne and aftershave back in college. I don't even think I have finished the bottles that I have of it because I feel it is too precious to use, as there is no way I can ever go back for more.

fashionnoob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Must add John Varvatos to the list. I tried it and was completely underwhelmed at first whiff. Same with second whiff, but eventually it was worth it. Once the decant runs out I will certainly waffle about as to whether I shall buy a bottle or no. Good thing it's not outrageously expensive.

Varvatos is great, but I've found that it just doesn't have the best staying power and its sillage is quite weak. Still a great scent for when the girls get in close. I'm partial to the leathery vanilla flavor it has.

mljones99

Reaction score
My current collection:

Hermes Terre D'Hermes
Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte
Hermes Rocabar
Hermes Vetiver Tonka
Hermes Poivre Samarcada
Tom Ford for Men
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Intense
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme
Creed Original Vetiver (soon to be purchased)

My favorite is the Issey Miyake.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, I just tried Philosykos per your recommendation and it's amazing! thanks!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
wow, I just tried Philosykos per your recommendation and it's amazing! thanks!

Glad you liked it! It's definitely my favorite scent with a pronounced "fig" note.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads