• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fragrance Top 10

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
i bought the malle only to find it turn strangely fetid and sour on me. i think ive tried all the vetivers - hermes vetiver tonka (strange nutty waffle note, smells almost edible), chanel sycomore (too sweet, girly) and etro (a strange incense note). guerlain remains my all time number one, i'd love to try the older version though.

Please add Sel de Vetiver, by The Different Company, to your trial list.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Please add Sel de Vetiver, by The Different Company, to your trial list.

+1. the TDC is really a wonderful balance. Not as "sweet and pretty" as a lot of vetivers, but also not straight out foul like some find the Malle.

It's got distinction and class without being too far out in left field.

theMindvoid

Reaction score
1. John Varvatos - Good for night, my current favorite

2. Burberry Touch - another good night one

3.Canali for Men - my current Favorite daytime scent

Not gonna do ten, but if havent tried these three, You need to

davo10375

Reaction score
Hey guys,

just wondering what you thought of cdg fragrances? tresbienshop.net has a whole lot up on their sites and was looking for some objective opinions on any you have tried?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375
Hey guys,

just wondering what you thought of cdg fragrances? tresbienshop.net has a whole lot up on their sites and was looking for some objective opinions on any you have tried?

Cdg2man is good (lemon candle-smoke) and Palisander is quite good. The rest I have not tried.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish that I had 10 good fragrances to choose.

1. Allure Sport by Chanel- my day scent (fun and youthful)
2. Black Walnut by Banana Republic- my current evening pick (warm and rich)

I also have a bottle of Gucci by Gucci Polo Blue (which has lasted me since I was 12), but there are a couple of issues with it: it's smells too much like middle school, and every spray on deodorant brand has ripped off this smell. The Gucci would be great if it didn't fade off of me in half an hour.

Do any of yall have recommendations for a more mature cologne that won't smell too old for someone who's just starting college? Something that could be worn to interviews, etc?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering what you thought of cdg fragrances? tresbienshop.net has a whole lot up on their sites and was looking for some objective opinions on any you have tried?
Yeah go ahead and just bite my thread. It's cool, haha. I'm probably going to order some samples from Luckyscent soon, the reviews of most of the fragrances I'm interested in are very positive though. You should do the same Davo.

davo10375

Reaction score
haha ARW didnt see...

cheersfor the heads up about luckyscent, awesome that they ship international. Can one of the more educated people in this thread give me a list of say 5-6 scents I should try sample of the site? And also (probably a dumb question), 3ml is enough for how many uses? Trying hard to quantify the amount in my mind.

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
My list (of current favs)

1) YSL M7 Fresh
2) Terre d' Hermes
3) L' Artisan Merchant Loup
4) Creed Original Vetiver
5) Creed MI
6) Escada Sunset Heat
7) Armani Attitude
8) L' Eau d' Issey Intense
9) YSL Rive Gauche
10) John Varvatos

Your screenname looks extremely familiar. Were you on twinturbo.net like 8 years ago? Damn that's a long time. lolz

Dane

Reaction score
haha ARW didnt see...

cheersfor the heads up about luckyscent, awesome that they ship international. Can one of the more educated people in this thread give me a list of say 5-6 scents I should try sample of the site? And also (probably a dumb question), 3ml is enough for how many uses? Trying hard to quantify the amount in my mind.

Are you looking for CDG samples exclusively or any brand?

Here are a few worth trying:
1. Divine: L'Homme de Coeur
2. Heeley: Verveine
3. Maitre Parfumeur: Racine
4. Montale: Aoud Lime
5. Parfumerie Generale: L'Eau Guerriere
6. Serge Lutens: Chergui

For CDG Stuff:
1. Sequois (Red Series)
2. Ouarzzazate (Incense Series)
3. Rhubarb (Sherbet Series)
4. Tar (Synthetic Series)
5. Guerilla 2 (Guerilla Series)
6. White

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
....maybe. There are some that are definite no-go scents (Chancel Chance and Creed Green Irish Tweed come to mind), there are others that are more than likely safe (Azzaro pour homme, Signoricci), and the rest fall in between. Definitely caveat emptor when buying off ebay.

Too many knock offs even though they look legit...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cologne that has a strong tobacco, spicy scent to it. Any help? Thomas, Rach, Dopey, Baron, all the fragrance regulars. Much appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads