• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Four In Hand-Brooklyn

soileauj

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out this site??

www.fourinhand.com

They are in Brookly. I was trying to figure out who might be producing their suits and ties.....Interesting or maybe confusing???

nmoraitis

Reaction score
I believe the owner is a member here.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aside from his Marinellas, Jonathan buys his ties from a manufacturer in Italy. They're good ties, they represent good value, and Jonathan is a good egg.

billiebob

Reaction score
He's a good source for slim fitting shirts (darted) with high quality fabric and MOP buttons. Great service too.

Fabro

Reaction score
Customer service is absolutely outstanding.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jonathan is a great guy and goes out of his way to provide service. Highly recommended.

modsquad

Reaction score
Jonathan is probably the most attentive salesperson I've ever dealt with.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Echoing the sentiments of everyone else here. Great guy.

This thread reminded me that I haven't bought anything from him for ages, so I just bought a tie.

EDIT: And I just got a personal response back. I think it took about two-and-a-half minutes.

soileauj

Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses. Glad I was surfing and came acro0ss this one. Everyone here is very helpful and I appreciate all of your input.

Thanks,
Joe

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jon also has a wonderful store providing higher end clothing for children. See http://www.tuesdayschild.com. I had visited his old bricks and mortar store and it was chock-a-block with clothing. The emphasis seemed to be on maximizing the amount of clothing in one confined space. I understand that he has since relocated to far nicer digs. His staff is also very good. Overall, a very pleasant small niche establishment with which to work.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are these ties comparable too?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the nice words.
Originally Posted by jcusey
Aside from his Marinellas, Jonathan buys his ties from a manufacturer in Italy. They're good ties, they represent good value, and Jonathan is a good egg.
All true
smile.gif
All made in Italy, all of the past 5 seasons collections are self tipped, all wool interlined, bar tacked and have have a tie keeper of the same silk to allow easy storage of the back thin blade of the tie. They come in 3 sizes, regular (59 inches), Extra long (62+ Inches) and Short, 56 inches. Widths on the Reg and XL are 3.75. on the Short 3.5 and as of a few days I will be introducing a really really thin tie (Two inches wide) for the fashion forward. besides JCusey...who you callin an egg???
Originally Posted by billiebob
He's a good source for slim fitting shirts (darted) with high quality fabric and MOP buttons. Great service too.
Next Shirt Collection, due in a couple of months will be DARTLESS but with a true slim fit.
Originally Posted by ksm
Customer service is absolutely outstanding.
Originally Posted by modsquad
Jonathan is probably the most attentive salesperson I've ever dealt with.
Originally Posted by Nick M
Echoing the sentiments of everyone else here. Great guy.
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
shog[1].gif
shog[1].gif
shog[1].gif
Originally Posted by marc237
Jon also has a wonderful store providing higher end clothing for children. See http://www.tuesdayschild.com. I had visited his old bricks and mortar store and it was chock-a-block with clothing. The emphasis seemed to be on maximizing the amount of clothing in one confined space. I understand that he has since relocated to far nicer digs. His staff is also very good. Overall, a very pleasant small niche establishment with which to work.
Hmmm...That wasnt the image we were trying to promote, it just happened that way
frown.gif
. But forgetting about that as we have in fact relovated a few minutes away...Isnt it time you visited your dentist again Esquire Marc???
devil.gif
This thread reminded me that I haven't bought anything from him for ages, so I just bought a tie. EDIT: And I just got a personal response back. I think it took about two-and-a-half minutes.
I am sorry... I am working on cutting response times to under a minute
wink.gif
. In all seriousness, this is a problem I have. I fully acknowledge that I have a serious BlackBerry addiction and became aware of it when I caught myself reaching for the blackberry while in the shower. (Lets save the bad jokes for another time fellahs
tounge.gif
.)
Originally Posted by DrCool1978
What are these ties comparable too?
See Tier two on Rogers comprehensive list please http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...83&postcount=4

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The two ties I ordered made the trip to Melbourne in less than a week, just in time for a wedding, and they're excellent - especially the blue tonal paisley, pictured here:

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The two ties I ordered made the trip to Melbourne in less than a week, just in time for a wedding, and they're excellent - especially the blue tonal paisley, pictured here:

NICE!
smile.gif

Lysol

Reaction score
Around the time of my wedding, my wife ordered this:
FH60E-GF-17.jpg
tie as a present to her father to wear the day of the ceremony. FIH had some problems processing her debit card and my wife being a hysterical bride, sent Jonathan a panic ridden email explaining the situation, the wedding was only a week away, etc. I believe the problem was a simple typo or something minor and it was quickly resolved but, after receiving her email, he offered to send the tie out that day, sans payment, and that they would work everything out. I don't know ANYWHERE you would receive this kind of treatment. My highest recommendation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads