1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Four Horsemen x Viberg Service Boot

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by guyferguson, Nov 6, 2010.

1. xkalifornian

xkalifornian Member

2. guyferguson

guyferguson Senior member

Hey everyone,

The boots are now for sale. As far as sizing advice goes, they are pretty typical of boots. I'd recommend a half to whole size down from what you usually wear. For reference i'm wearing a 10.5 in them right now, and i wear a 10.5 in Chucks and Desert Boots, a 44 in Common Projects, an 11.5 in most Nikes or Vans, a 10.5 in Red Wing Moc Toes, and an 11 in most dress shoes. I could get into a 10 in these Vibergs, but i just didn't envision them stretching enough to be comfortable. After about a week of wear i definitely think i made the right choice. If anyone has any other questions though, feel free to post them here.

3. siglo vi

siglo vi Senior member

amazing.

how will they fare in canadian winters? [​IMG]

4. guyferguson

amazing.

how will they fare in canadian winters? [​IMG]

Thanks! Victoria has relatively mild weather compared to most of Canada, but i'll definitely be wearing mine all through Winter. If you wanted to be extra careful you could use a bit of silicone spray and some Snoseal on the seams. They should be able to handle just about any weather though. The worst thing i could think of happening would be some staining from salted streets, but even that would come right off with a suede brush or sandpaper.

5. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Not feeling the dual colors sole.

6. takashi

takashi Well-Known Member

Not feeling the dual colors sole.

I like it...[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. APK

APK Senior member

These sort of made me wish I really needed a black boot. Alas, the W+H Service boots are too similar to these to justify. Swanky beards for the feet, regardless.

8. diamonds

diamonds Senior member

the wings and horns boots and these are VAGUELY similar in that they are the same type of boot. every other detail is different

9. APK

APK Senior member

They're similar enough for someone like me, who has enough gaps in his wardrobe to be unable to justify owning two black leather boots with a similar shape, heights and general look.

10. slide13

slide13 Senior member

anybody buy these and have real world fit pics of them? Seem like cool boots and would like to see more then the stock photos if anyone has a pair.

11. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

anybody buy these and have real world fit pics of them? Seem like cool boots and would like to see more then the stock photos if anyone has a pair.
    There are some photos of them on Guy and Miles in the Free / Man interview

12. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

did anyone end up getting these? still looking for real-world pics but cant seem to find them anywhere

13. guyferguson

did anyone end up getting these? still looking for real-world pics but cant seem to find them anywhere
    Almost all the pairs from the initial run went to locals, so i actually end up seeing them pretty frequently around town and in the shop. The next 5 or so orders when though right around the same time and should be ready to go within the next week. Hopefully most of those people will have them right around Xmas and we'll start to see some pictures of them surface.

14. Ali.M

Ali.M Member

Love these boots from Viberg. I also liked the collab. they did with Norse Projects but I personally wouldn't buy that particular pair. However, the Japanese version of the Viberg "Service Boot" (pictured below) with the Vibram/Christy 4014 sole looks superior to the one they're selling in Canada, IMO. [​IMG] Source: Superdenim UK These, along with the Yuketen Johnson, are my pick for the best boots in 2010.

15. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

Really want these. Might be the first purchase of 2011.

16. guyferguson

Love these boots from Viberg. I also liked the collab. they did with Norse Projects but I personally wouldn't buy that particular pair.

However, the Japanese version of the Viberg "Service Boot" (pictured below) with the Vibram/Christy 4014 sole looks superior to the one they're selling in Canada, IMO.

Source: Superdenim UK

These, along with the Yuketen Johnson, are my pick for the best boots in 2010.

I think there were only 8 pairs of those Superdenim ones made. I've handled them in person and they are definitely cool, but the cap toe and christy sole give them a definite work vibe, which is precisely what we were trying to avoid. It's cool to see how different two boots built on the same last/pattern can look just by tweaking a couple details.

17. eyeq8402

eyeq8402 Senior member

someone has to have these in a size 11 not getting attention. if so please pm me. thank you

18. eyeq8402

eyeq8402 Senior member

someone has to have these in an 11

19. eyeq8402

eyeq8402 Senior member

BUMPING THIS UP. ALSO LOOKING FOR BLACK SERVICE BOOTS SZ 11

20. meso

meso Senior member

It's not superdenim. Quit bumping. If you want to find something post in buy/sell.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014