1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Four-door Sedan: Which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Nantucket Red, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

If you were going to buy a four-door sedan and money were no object, which one would you choose?

I've decided I'd go with the Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT. The BMW M5 and MB CLS 55AMG are very tempting too.

[​IMG]

2. visionology

visionology Distinguished Member

If I was driving, an M5. If my driver was driving, probably a Rolls Royce.

3. Lamo

Lamo Senior Member

probably an audi w12. also like the quattroporte myself.

4. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

0-100K: A8 4.2L
    100-200K: A8 W12
    200K+: Arnage

All VWs... hmm...

The QP needs a regular old auto trans. Forget the paddle crap, itt doesn't work on this car.

6. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

The Maserati seems to look as if it is somewhat puckered up in front. Don't really like that funny curve body arch the Merc has going on. A 300SL it is not. Best option: Buy a cheap, safe 4-dr, a Volvo or something, take balance and buy a nice two seater :). Sticking to the original, I'd choose (highly predictably, I'm sure) [​IMG] Even if you have to wait a little while for it. Next best, [​IMG] Regards, Huntsman

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

0-100K: A8 4.2L
    100-200K: A8 W12
    200K+: Arnage

All VWs... hmm...

The QP needs a regular old auto trans. Forget the paddle crap, itt doesn't work on this car.

Yeah, the tranny only works well when going fast, but in stop and go traffic, it fails miserably.

Anyways, interestingly you choose the A8, which probably would have been my choice as well (although I am partially to Audis...) I love the 12 spoke wheels on the A8:

[​IMG]

Jon.

8. imageWIS

OMG! WTF is on the side of that XJ? It looks really bad. [​IMG]

Jon.

9. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

saab 9-5

i love the old maseratis but the new ones don't do much for me. i do like the QP better than the coupe.

10. imageWIS

saab 9-5 i love the old maseratis but the new ones don't do much for me. i do like the QP better than the coupe.
    The problem with Maserati is that they are the Italian prostitute of the car industry. Almost everyone has had a go with Maserati and that has led to some horrible cars being produced which really tarnish up the company’s image. In fact, this makes my point perfectly: the 1989 Chrysler TC by Maserati: [​IMG] Just looking at it makes me sick. Jon.

11. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

The problem with Maserati is that they are the Italian prostitute of the car industry. Almost everyone has had a go with Maserati and that has led to some horrible cars being produced which really tarnish up the company's image.

In fact, this makes my point perfectly: the 1989 Chrysler TC by Maserati:
    http://www.styleforum.net//images/smilies/sly.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just looking at it makes me sick.

Jon.

Jon, I think I hate you.
    *pukes*

Hell, even the Biturbo's of the late 1980's are classier than that pile of donkey poo!

12. SGladwell

SGladwell Distinguished Member

I think moderns all suck. A writer in Slate recently described the current crop perfectly.
    If I had to have a four door, there are surprisingly few worthy choices even considering all of automobilia. Most of history's great driver's sedans (Alfa GTV, Lotus Cortina, BMW 2002, BMW 320i) have had two doors. Maybe a Jaguar Mk. II/S-Type or a Mercedes 220SE Fintail. Going a bit closer to the present, perhaps a Mercedes 190E 2.0 Evo II. - DTM homogolation special, just like the only decent M3 - or a Ford Sierra Cossie, though it would be more fun to weld the hatch of a Lancia Integrale shut and call it a 4-door. Ultimately, there's only one four door I could pick, the Citroën DS

[​IMG]

If I had to drive a modern four door, I guess I'd take a Subaru WRX or Mitsu Evo MR, because those seem to be the only two large cars offered in America that actually want to be driven, instead of merely serving as expensive and monumentally dull transportation appliances like most moderns. The only wildcard would be one sedan I've never seen, let alone driven: the new Citroën C6.
    [​IMG]

13. Lamo

Lamo Senior Member

to be fair, the quattroporte looks much nicer in person. SGladwell, that Citroen C6 is one of the ugliest cars i've laid my eyes upon, imo of course.

14. Lamo

Lamo Senior Member

Yeah, the tranny only works well when going fast, but in stop and go traffic, it fails miserably.

Anyways, interestingly you choose the A8, which probably would have been my choice as well (although I am partially to Audis...) I love the 12 spoke wheels on the A8:

Jon.

i think the a8/s8/w12 series is the only modern audi that catches my eyes. must say i was rather dissappointed with the new 6 series.

15. imageWIS

must say i was rather dissappointed with the new 6 series.

I HATE BANGLE.

You don't like it, he A4?

Jon.