• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOUND: Saphir in London

brokentelephone

Reaction score
Chelsea Green Cobbler at 31 Elystan Street.

He stocks regular Avel cream, and the Medaille D'or wax, cream, renovateur, etc. He has a pretty extensive selection of various brands of polish, cleaners, and brushes. Apparently the biggest selection of shoe care products in London.

My sis uses him for her shoe repairs and swears he is good but as a woman she is basically dumb when it comes to shoe repair.

Googled for address and came across his twitter if you're interested (I'm not)

http://twitter.com/#!/ChelseaGCobbler

Lear

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Brokentelephone.

Surprised there hasn't been more of a response to this. Just passed by the shop. There's a fair range of MdO creams, waxes + renovator. All in the new flat glass jars. No Renomat though, and I didn't see any brushes or other Saphir hardware. Also, no Saphir suede care products (yet).

In a couple of months I'll bump this thread again. Best news I've heard since the opening of the Alien Abduction Phone Helpline:

http://alienabductionsexposed.com/new-phone-helpline-for-uk-alien-abductions-and-encounters/

Lear

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So much useful info in this one thread! Thanks brokentelephone and thanks Lear!

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get my shoes resoled here if I don't send them back to the manufacturers.

Pretty good for £53. He also sells nice cedar shoe trees for £22.50

brokentelephone

Reaction score
I actually forgot to mention there is another place just off Gloucester Road called Jimmys which sells some misc Saphir stuff, notably the suede spray.

He also uses Rendenbach soles for mens shoe repairs -- he's a really nice guy and comes recommended by Hornets staff (though not sure they're as reputable with shoes as they are clothes -- I've seen some pretty crappy shoes there being sold alongside their great suits).

zaxer

Reaction score
Could you please give the exact location of this Jimmys place? I went up and down Gloucester rd looking for it and couldnt find It. Do you know if he sells medaille dor creams?

brokentelephone

Reaction score
He's not right on Gloucester Road. Just a few shops in on Victoria Grove (left off Gloucester Road if you're heading north to the park).

Chelsea Green also stocks Fiebings dyes, collolin cremes, woly and a generally poor attitude.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics