• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Found It!

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No # 1 on Google search for lost Nomos.....still.
Hope you find it.

Regards.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
I was kidding (of course you know that), but for your reference, there is a pretty nice park off Rindge if you take your immediate legal left after turning off Mass Ave. Tennis courts, wall, picnic tables, public garden, largish playground, full size baseball field. Etc. I'm not talking about the one on the Alewife side.

Ah...I know that park. I lived in Animal House conditions on Fairfield during one intercollegiate summer. The left that you would take off of Rindge is Fairfield.

I remember one evening when a keg from one of our parties flew off the top floor, severely denting the roof of a car below. My roommates and I looked down...and realized the car belonged to someone at our party.

We retrieved the keg and for reasons that I cannot recall, we never told the guy. A few days later, we met up with him at a classic cafeteria, the name of which I can't remember...straight from the 1930s...that was in the spot that American Apparel occupies in the Square today. Our acquaintence...whom I think went to BC...went into an extensive tirade about how Boston was an "urban jungle" and that some "dickheads" had fuked with his car.

We let him go on an on, and then we burst out laughing and said "the dickheads are us." He sat there dumbfounded, and then started to implode before we assurred him that we would chip in together and pay for all the damage. To this day, when we see each other, the phrase "the dickheads are us" will be woven into conversations...which is particularly silly given our advancing ages.

I realize this story does not help you situation at all, but the next time you drive down Fairfield, pehaps you will think of a keg flying ballistically out of a window rather than your lost Nomos.

Maybe.

- B

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to report I found the watch, in the laundry hamper, in a pair stinky of tennis shorts. I had put it in my pocket so I could hit some balls. Lesson learned; I am not ready for nice things.

Thanks to all the well wishers.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fing02[1].gif

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to report I found the watch, in the laundry hamper, in a pair stinky of tennis shorts. I had put it in my pocket so I could hit some balls. Lesson learned; I am not ready for nice things.

Dumbass! Good thing Bill didn't go searching all over for it
wink.gif

How's those courts? Clay or hard?

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Dumbass! Good thing Bill didn't go searching all over for it
wink.gif

How's those courts? Clay or hard?

Bill looked around Newbury St, but I haven't been there in at least a month (but thanks, B., all the same). The courts are hard, and while nothing special, they are in solid shape for public courts. The annoying part is the commuter rail that runs past every 10 mins or so.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bill looked around Newbury St, but I haven't been there in at least a month (but thanks, B., all the same). The courts are hard, and while nothing special, they are in solid shape for public courts. The annoying part is the commuter rail that runs past every 10 mins or so.

Nice. I think we both know what Bill was looking at on Newbury though
wink.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

Thanks to all the well wishers.

Well, I had actually found it and came by to put it in your hamper. It must have settled into your shorts.

Surprise!

- B

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vox, I seem to have lost my (insert $$$ watch name here) as well. Could you also find it and return it to my hamper?

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Well, I had actually found it and came by to put it in your hamper. It must have settled into your shorts.

Surprise!

- B

Where was it? Did the chunky blonde have it?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
Where was it? Did the chunky blonde have it?

As it turned out, she's not chunky...it was just the Nomos.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads