• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Found an amazing Canali DB suit in the back of my closet.. How do I wear it?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a couple months ago, I went on an ebay shopping spree and got a couple new and a couple used suits. Liked a couple, threw the rest in the back of the closet and forgot about them.

Today needed to pick out a couple suits I wanted to get altered at the tailors and stumbled upon one of the "throwaway" suits. It's a DB 4B Canali (cloth by Cerrutti) navy blue with very very thin, almost invisible red and light blue pinstripes.

I don't know why I didn't like it right away before, but I tried it on for the first time since I had it.

Holy crap! It fits like a glove! A very nice slim DB suit, nothing like I expected. I mean i might get the jacket taken in 1/2 of an inch, and maybe shorten the sleeves just a tiny bit, but other than that, it's perfect!
I almost threw it away or put it on ebay too!

Now the problem is I've never worn a DB suit before, so I have no idea what's appropriate and what's not. I know I can wear it to work or a business function, but what about semi-formal stuff outside of work? It's slim enough where it doesn't look like I came from the 80s, but I don't know.

I am totally excited though, I think it looks great, I wish my camera had batteries so you guys could tell me where I need to alter it.

Also, is it EVER appropriate to wear a DB suit with no tie? I remember seeing people pull it off with a tan DB blazer before on here, but a whole suit?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 147 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 131 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%