1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Foul Weather Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Mar 24, 2005.

1. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Check out this deal (good until Sunday): -20% off 32905 -Stack with free shipping riddle answer (include in the the comments section): Catalog: Sierra Outdoors Summer 2005 Riddle Page: 41 Riddle: After a two-day mule trip, a mattress magnate provided the capital to build a skyscraper rail line to make the trip easier. Tell us where it went and earn free regular ground shipping on your entire order. My Answer: The Summit of Pikes Peak I just paid $165 TOTAL shipped to my door for the following: - Brown Ralph Lauren Bierley Boots (chelsea) http://img212.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img2...f6467716ma.jpg - Brown Paraboot Bluchers http://img212.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img2...f6716510cc.jpg

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member

3. j

j Senior member

4. jcusey

jcusey Senior member

Yes, I've tried some on before. Their principal selling point is some sort of high-tech comfort system that they use. I don't know how much of that is real and how much is hype, but the shoes are very comfortable. I've coveted these for a while, but, alas, STP never seems to have them: [​IMG]

5. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Norcal, for those of us with impaired reading comprehension, what exactly do you do with the riddle to get the free shipping? Just put the answer in comments?

6. norcaltransplant

yeah, stick the riddle into the comments. I better stop looking at that website or I might be tempted to pick up the Paraboot Chukkas.... or Bill's Khakis for <$48

7. norcaltransplant

I havent received them yet. I actually ordered two pairs to cover the sizing. I mean, for $63 + $5 return shipping fee, the Paraboots are cheaper than a pair of Kenneth Cole... on sale, no less.

$94 for Italian RL Chelsea Boots... perfect bad weather shoes. I figure they'll last at least two winters, and look a lot better than the Tims I don from time to time.

8. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Thanks, norcal. I've been watching those Paraboots for months, but they don't have my size anymore. I'm probably going to get some trousers.

9. redtree00

redtree00 Senior member

norcal,

Is this 20% off in addition to the 20% off currently being offered on the site(20% + 20%)?
    Or is it the same 20% off plus the riddle for the free shipping ?
    Thank you,

10. norcaltransplant

20% off PLUS an additional 20% off for a total of 36% off, and tack on the riddle in the comments box for free shipping.

11. redtree00

redtree00 Senior member

VERY NICE ...
    Isaia suit here I come ......

12. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Just placed my order for three pairs of cotton trousers (no suitable Bill's in my size, alas): two from Jeff Rose and one by Scott Barber. Total: $91 (+ shipping). I assume the shipping charge will be removed when the order is processed.* Thanks, norcal. Â [​IMG] *Edit: Received an email saying I got the riddle right and the shipping charge had been removed.

13. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

That was my first thought.  Then I remembered I am a 40R.  Oh the pain . . .

14. Earthmover

Earthmover Senior member

Thanks for the tip. I just placed an order for an Isaia suit at $480. I'm hoping it fits like a glove. The price is pretty much unbeatable.