1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by FosterandSon, Oct 11, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FosterandSon

FosterandSon Senior member

smoothie1, our pleasure, please let us know if there's anything specific you want to see. Foster & Son

2. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not sure why you say that unless because the sole is unmarked. That is because the photo is pretty old and I took it when the loafers were new. No resole yet - they are only a couple of years old.

3. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

Ok, I see. I guess because the other pair showed some wear. Beautiful shoes nonetheless!

4. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

Excellent shoe shop in London , I have visited several time in fact whenever I go to JL or EG I always try and pop in there.
    There seams to be a frequent change of management as I always find someone else at the shop but never the less the leather
    and patina on their made to measure shoes are one of the best I have seen.

The RTW stuff looks to be made normally from C&J or EG last. I will pay them a visit when I am in London next.

5. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

Looking forward to more shoe stories from your collection.

6. FosterandSon

Farhad 19620,

Many thanks for your comments. Our management has been stable for several years now and we are determined grow the business on the foundations of centuries of bespoke work. Hope to see you again soon.

culverwood, thank you, many more to come!

Foster & Son

7. FosterandSon

What fifteen years does to a pair of Foster’s shoes

This is a re-post from our blog at http://fosterandson.wordpress.com, we thought you might like to see it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A long standing customer of ours sent these pictures of a pair of Foster bespoke shoes we made for him in 1998. Originally they were dark tan in colour and we are amazed to see what time has done to them. This customer likes a high shine on his toe caps and we think it looks marvellous.

We asked him, ‘do you take special care of these shoes?’, his answer was uncompromising; ‘of course not, shoes are made for wearing, they are out in the rain regularly and I’ve been known to trample across fields in them.’

So, there you are, rain, mud, sunshine and polish!

We'd love to see pictures of your Foster shoes, bespoke or RTW, after a few years in the wild.

Foster & Son

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Gerry

Gerry Senior member

And I for one Thank you for it, I applaud your attittud, it's good that the shoe lovers of all nationalities get to see these beauties up close. BTW welcome to Styleforum.

9. FosterandSon

Gerry, many thanks. Foster & Son

10. FosterandSon

Our historic bespoke shoe collection Foster & Son/ Henry Maxwell

Spectators:

[​IMG]

We couldn’t help ourselves. With autumn hurling us towards winter we had to take one look back at the great summer of 2013, and what better way than with this Co-respondent. There is little need for an introduction but these fabulous shoes are at the forefront of our bespoke collection and resonate with 1920’s showmanship.

[​IMG]

The contrast between the chestnut calf and cream suede is dramatic and would have turned heads at any occasion. The brogue pattern is simple, yet effective and, true to Maxwell craftsmanship, the stitching on the welt is no less than 15 stitches per inch.

The perfect shoes to be seen in back in ’27 when you stayed with Charlie Chaplin at Le Provençal, in Juan-les-Pines. And, we think, a timeless classic that's bang up to date for 2013 too.

[​IMG]

Featuring a beveled waist and smooth curves throughout, the Spectator is designed for elegance.

[​IMG]

There is a minimalistic feel to the shoe, the curves, the subtle stitching and the simple two-tone pattern to the upper seems ironic for a shoe that commands such a presence.

Foster & Son

1 person likes this.
  11. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This thread has serious potential. Welcome to the forum and keep posting pictures of your amazing shoes!

12. FosterandSon

davesmith, many thanks. Foster & Son

13. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

F&S, I`d love to see some workshop pics, and of shoes at various stages of finish...thanks for the regular updates!

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Great shoes, too bad I'm very far (and a lot of import duties) away.

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Wow, what a great new affiliate. I love your shoes, and hope to commission a pair at some point. Thank you very much for coming to the forum, it is very much appreciated.

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I was reading the post. Beautiful handiwork, nice patina... and then... bam.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  17. FosterandSon

daizawaguy, workshop pictures coming soon!

Betelgeuse, it would be lovely to see you if you visit London. We do travel too and will let you know next time we're in North America.

Newcomer, our pleasure. Please come and see us when you're in London. Or maybe we can see you when we're visiting?

LA Guy, we love those boots. They're a firm favourite with our bespoke staff. Thanks for the kind words.

Foster & Son

1 person likes this.
  18. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

I would have no problem organizing this group MTO; hopefully if we can get good numbers we can achieve something interesting =)

19. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

Quote: Foster and Son, is it possible to replicate this design/colour for a group MTO?

20. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

MoosicPa, and here I thought those striking, red cases were in strictly reserved use. What do you wear with yours?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.