1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by FosterandSon, Oct 11, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andreyb2

andreyb2 Senior member

Welcome! -- you have a really great start!

...and a question, if you don't mind: do you make your leather goods yourself?

Andrey

2. Geezer

Geezer Senior member

Very good to see one of my favourite shoe makers and shops on SF. Welcome.

3. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Welcome and I definitely plan to visit your shop once I make my way across the pond.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

welcome and looking forward for more info - pictures, pricing etc

5. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Senior member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  6. FosterandSon

FosterandSon Senior member

mktitsworth, many thanks for your kind words.

andreyb2, thank you for your welcome. Our leather goods are made to our specifications by a number of makers in London and the Midlands. All our stock items are in designs exclusive to Foster & Son.

Geezer, glad to know we’re one of your favourites, many thanks.

DpprDr, great to hear from you, please do come and see us when you’re in London.

HRoi, thank you. We will be posting lots of pictures including: elements from our bespoke archive and latest bespoke work, our new rtw line, some rare documents including a Tuczek catalogue, royal warrants (George IV was a fan), a number of trade manuals and magazines, and all the interesting ephemera that we have collected over the centuries.

CrimsonSox, thank you. We’ve had a look at the cobblersweb site and it’s an amazing resource for shoe connoisseurs. You make an interesting point about the difference between rtw and bespoke, and we will be writing about the differences from our perspective soon.

7. meister

meister Senior member

A while back I had the opportunity to purchase a number of pairs of Fosters bespoke spectators that were ordered by the same person. I am posting them just to give this new thread some added colour

These were a fabulous combination of black and smokey grey:

[​IMG]

These were a classic navy blue suede on navy calf leather:

[​IMG]

And a brown on brown:

[​IMG]

Enjoy.

8. FosterandSon

meister, they really are lovely shoes. How are you finding the fit compared to rtw? Foster & Son

9. meister

meister Senior member

I did not have them made up. They were made for someone else. The three pairs were sold together.

10. FosterandSon

meister, understood. I was just thinking that bespoke tends to hug the ankle and be tighter in the waist. Do you notice any difference? Foster & Son

11. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am very glad to see you posting here. I am wearing this morning a pair of dark brown suede derbies you made for me. They are casual-wear shoes delivered this summer, but I have been wearing them on weekends as much as I can since the weather turned here in NY. The insoles have yet to mold deeply, but they are already very comfortable and the overall fit is great.
    I am not sure if you took any photos, but if you did, you are welcome to post them (production number is 65616).

12. FosterandSon

dopey, many thanks for your kind words and glad the shoes are working for you. We will certainly post pictures, thank you very much. Foster & Son

13. FosterandSon

Special Offer - Edward Green for Foster & Son

Our first Styleforum member’s offer

As we develop our new Foster & Son Heritage Collection on new lasts designed by Terry Moore, (of which more soon), we need to make room for these new offerings and have reluctantly decided to prune our traditional premium ready to wear stock, and offer some to Styleforum members at a sensible discount.

These particular shoes are made by Edward Green, with whom we’ve had a close relationship for over 45 years, on the 88, 184, 202, 606 and 888 lasts. All the shoes are top Foster & Son quality, labelled ‘Foster & Son’ and come with Foster & Son shoe bags and boxes. Several of these designs or last/leather/pattern combinations are to be found only with us and stock is very limited.

We currently have 37 pairs in the following styles, colours and sizes (all UK sizes and E width). Please give us your Styleforum ID when ordering. Customers are limited to a maximum of two pairs each. The price is £499 a pair including UK VAT and delivery, compared with the usual £700+ ticket price.

The Portman in black on the 88 last, one pair in 8E only 7E now gone
    [​IMG]
    The Portman in Burgundy on the 88 last, two pairs in 7.5E
    [​IMG]
    The Clifton in Black on the 888 last, one pair each in 6.5E and 7E, two pairs in 7.5E, one pair each in 8.5E and 9E
    [​IMG]
    The Clifton in Dark Oak on the 888 last, one pair in 7E, two pairs in 7.5E, one pair in 9.5E, two pairs in 10E and 11.5E and one pair in 12E
    [​IMG]
    The Snowdon Loafer in Tan on the 184 last, one pair each in 8E and 12E
    [​IMG]
    The Hamble Monk in Tan on the 606 last, one pair only now in 10E
    [​IMG]
    The Fitzwilliam in Black on the 888 last, one pair (6E, 6.5E now gone) in 7E, two pairs in 8.5E, one pair each in 9.5 and 11.5E
    [​IMG]
    The Regent Austerity Brogue in Black on the 888 last, one pair each in 7E, 8E, 8.5E and 10.5E
    [​IMG]
    The Gordon Spectator on the 202 last, one pair each in 6E, 6.5E and 9.5E
    [​IMG]
    Please contact us by email at shoemakers@foster.co.uk, each email will be answered in order of receipt when the shop opens at 10.00 tomorrow morning. Please be sure of your size and fit as we will not be accepting returns.

Foster & Son

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    2 people like this.
  14. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Great deals. I purchased the Clifton from you last year.
    A couple of questions.
    - will you Ship internationally (USA)?
    - Will VAT be removed?
    - Do you use Royal Mail ( as many of us have had negative experiences with DHL)?
    - Assuming Tree's are not included, what is the cost?

Thanks

15. FosterandSon

earthdragon, many thanks for your kind remarks.

-We will ship internationally
    -VAT will be removed at point of sale
    -We ship using FedEx, hope that's okay
    -Foster & Son shoe trees (see http://foster.co.uk/our-products/accessories/shoe-trees/) can be provided for £59, including VAT, a reduction of £16 on our normal price

Foster and Son

16. FosterandSon

Gents, we'd just like to remind you that the shop opens at 10.00 this morning. If you want a pair of our special offer Edward Green for Foster & Son shoes then please email us at shoemakers@foster.co.uk.

Foster & Son

17. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

The regent looks awesome! Decisions2....:D

18. FosterandSon

terrorsquad, it does doesn't it? We'll also be posting a couple more models this afternoon, might be worth checking back. Foster & Son

19. FosterandSon

Our first Styleforum member’s offer

We have two more models of our Edward Green-made shoes to offer you on the 88 and 888 lasts in the following styles and colours. All the shoes are top Foster & Son quality, labelled ‘Foster & Son’ and come with Foster & Son shoe bags and boxes.

Please give us your Styleforum ID when ordering. Customers are limited to a maximum of two pairs each. The price is £499 a pair including UK VAT and worldwide delivery, compared with the usual £700+ ticket price.

Foster & Son shoe trees (see http://foster.co.uk/our-products/accessories/shoe-trees/) can be provided for £59, including VAT, a reduction of £16 on our normal price

Please contact us by email at shoemakers@foster.co.uk, or call on +44 (0)20 7930 5385

The Ashbourne in Burgundy Calf on the 888 last, one pair in 9E
    [​IMG]
    The Ashbourne in Tobacco Suede on the 888 last, one pair each in 6E, 7E, 7.5E, 10.5E, 11.5E and 12E
    [​IMG]
    The Cavendish in Black Calf on the 88 last, one pair in 10.5E
    [​IMG]

The Cavendish in Dark Oak Calf on the 88 last, one pair each in 7E and 12E
    [​IMG]

Foster & Son

1 person likes this.
  20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Quality offerings, gents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.