• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fossil Shoes... (Yes, the watchmakers)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pdial
It's not just about the name, the boots look cheap as hell. If I was to ever buy them I wouldn't pay more than $50. Based of everything that I have ever seen from Fossil, they are a notch above Sketchers (which someone already said) which isn't saying much.

The new Wolverine Heritage line look great and I would guess that they are as good if not better than Red Wings. I would have never even bothered with Wolverines before but now I am thinking twice. I haven't seen them in person but you can tell a lot by a picture.

My point is that it's not about the brand it's about the product and those look like crap.

Now see, at least that is a reason or excuse why it isn't the best choice. From the pics, it isn't easy to see if quality is good or bad because I've seen distressed brand new shoes that turn out to be of great quality but looks similar to the pics Fossil has, like JV and NDC and Grenson.

My experience with Fossil isn't too bad either, I had a Burberry watch made by Fossil that is about 4-5 years old and still functions well and still looks good. So my view isn't exactly saying they are the best but I was satisfied with my prior purchase.

Originally Posted by andyliu52
i think they look good except for the sole and that little leather thing on the back. i agree with what you are saying rfx you seem to have a lot of paul smith which is by all means a pretty decent shoe. of course if you posted those in MC you might get some hate cuz they arent EG level.

the internet is a very elitist place, just stick with posting things that mesh well with the SF uniform

Point taken. Will keep that in mind.
smile.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i would buy them... on sale from ROSS or the maxx for 12 dollars

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RFX45, I get what you're saying. Sometimes I feel like people at StyleForum are just well dressed Hypebeasts.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
The boots I posted isn't bad looking, definitely not the worst looking I've seen posted here. It is similar to Alden Tanker and Indy combined just different ess laces and the uppers are modified. I have a feeling that if the shoes looked the same and were made by Alden or Red Wing, it will get so much praise and love.
MSRPs def play a factor in SF's hate but it doesn't help that they're ugly w/some weird details. Distressing on the browns are ugly too. Since they have no shame they could redeem themselves by making a combat or convertible style boot.... but that's prob too edgy for the flyover mall market they're looking to hit.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They're ugly. They're uglier versions of this

1P_86316.jpg

Which is already pretty ugly.

airblaster503

Reaction score
When I saw the original poster I was like
puzzled.gif

Then I saw the original post date and was like \t
lol8[1].gif

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to seeing a picture of those shoes appear in Recent Purchases with the classic RFX45 watermark in the corner.

Think they'll pair well with any of your recent Rick kops?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I am looking forward to seeing a picture of those shoes appear in Recent Purchases with the classic RFX45 watermark in the corner.

Think they'll pair well with any of your recent Rick kops?

Any conundrum I have is whether to boot tuck or not.

*#..

Reaction score
^^ I just saw this thread, and was thinking the same exact thing. I guess the guy who bumped it forgot it's old when he came across it too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics