• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum Version?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on updating vBulletin again now that the Great Crash is behind us?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well the new version (3.5.4) JUST came out right after my license expired. Here I thought I was buying lifetime upgrades, but it was lifetime use with one year of upgrades. So as soon as I buy a new license, we will upgrade it again.

If you hadn't noticed, we did upgrade it significantly from the version it was running before. There are several enhancements, such as the new post system, AJAX quick reply etc.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't, actually. A lot of little things were off when it first got back up and I mistook it for an older version of the board.

The ajax features are nicely fast.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has the font changed? Or maybe its size? I feel something is off visually since old SF.

!luc

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I went through and made a lot of the fonts tiny in the last one. I will try to tweak some of that again. Lots of stuff to catch up on right now....

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
It would be nice if you could increase the number of PMs allowed to be stored if there's room to do so.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Yeah, I went through and made a lot of the fonts tiny in the last one. I will try to tweak some of that again. Lots of stuff to catch up on right now....
It's perfect now, thanks J. !luc

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best part about the new forum version is that it remembers the last post you've actually read in each thread. The previous version just assumed that you'd read every post dated before your last visit, so if you did not read every new thread every time you visited SF, the new threads display would be innaccurate.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
The best part about the new forum version is that it remembers the last post you've actually read in each thread. The previous version just assumed that you'd read every post dated before your last visit, so if you did not read every new thread every time you visited SF, the new threads display would be innaccurate.

Yes, this is great. Yet another thing that makes SF much more enjoyable to use and read than other fora.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads