Forum Version?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Arethusa, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Are you planning on updating vBulletin again now that the Great Crash is behind us?

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Well the new version (3.5.4) JUST came out right after my license expired. Here I thought I was buying lifetime upgrades, but it was lifetime use with one year of upgrades. So as soon as I buy a new license, we will upgrade it again.

If you hadn't noticed, we did upgrade it significantly from the version it was running before. There are several enhancements, such as the new post system, AJAX quick reply etc.

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I didn't, actually. A lot of little things were off when it first got back up and I mistook it for an older version of the board.

The ajax features are nicely fast.

4. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Has the font changed? Or maybe its size? I feel something is off visually since old SF.

!luc

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Yeah, I went through and made a lot of the fonts tiny in the last one. I will try to tweak some of that again. Lots of stuff to catch up on right now....

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Thank you Jeremy!

Jon.

7. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

It would be nice if you could increase the number of PMs allowed to be stored if there's room to do so.

8. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Yeah, I went through and made a lot of the fonts tiny in the last one. I will try to tweak some of that again. Lots of stuff to catch up on right now....
    It's perfect now, thanks J. !luc

9. dah328

dah328 Senior member

The best part about the new forum version is that it remembers the last post you've actually read in each thread. The previous version just assumed that you'd read every post dated before your last visit, so if you did not read every new thread every time you visited SF, the new threads display would be innaccurate.

10. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

The best part about the new forum version is that it remembers the last post you've actually read in each thread. The previous version just assumed that you'd read every post dated before your last visit, so if you did not read every new thread every time you visited SF, the new threads display would be innaccurate.

Yes, this is great. Yet another thing that makes SF much more enjoyable to use and read than other fora.