• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum move - emails coming

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Dave (linux_pro) has been working furiously on getting us set up on the new server. We are about ready to go, and he is finishing up the final steps. I have disabled registration until we are on the new board, to facilitate this. Because there is no way to transfer the passwords from this forum to the new one, Dave is in the process of generating new passwords and emailing them to each member's registered email address. Hopefully you will be getting an email soon with your new password for the new forum (it will not work on this one, your password here will remain the same). Keep the email and you will see on the front page (http://www.styleforum.net/index.html) any info you need to know as to when the forum is undergoing the move, etc. The old forum will come back up or remain up so people can get at the old information in the case of any glitches. Its address will change, however. Issues: -you may not have the same email address as you did and thus might not get the email. If you don't get an email, don't panic. I will explain what to do in that situation later. -private messages will be either disabled for a while (on the new forum) until all the problems with them are ironed out or they will be deleted entirely for security purposes. They are acting strangely right now. They will remain on this forum and will be accessible for probably a week or more after the new one is up, so any lingering conversations can be continued. That is all for now.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm feeling ostracized: entered user name and new password as emailed to me last night and I got turned away.

vBulletin Message
You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again.

Do passwords not work yet? Or is this just a subtle way of saying "go away and don't come back"?

DR

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ummm, I don't want to sound really dumb, but what is the url for the new site? I can't find the old thread where you guys were looking for testers.

cheers,
bob

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The new site will be at or linked from http://www.styleforum.net when it is up. The emails were sent out early so we could make sure people got them and had a chance to ask questions before we shut this site down for the conversion. We will be turning off this forum so that we can convert the database without losing any new posts made during the conversion process. This will probably happen tonight, if all goes well.

alchimiste

Reaction score
I'm feeling ostracized: entered user name and new password as emailed to me last night and I got turned away.
Me too. Looks like we have to wait for the official switch to the new forum.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, the passwords will not work until the new forum is up and running - probably tomorrow.

fkl118

Reaction score
I can't wait. It's like it's Christmas eve.
biggrin.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Haha.. all post counts should update just fine. But to avoid that problem, just finish up your ten-ton today. Then we can bring out the cake and everything.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hooray for Stu. 3 Cheers.
biggrin.gif

watchingdetails2002

Reaction score
Two different e-mail concerning the new passwords. Both e-mails have a different password on them. So the question is which one will work when the conversion happens. I get an error message from both of them now. Bob in Guam
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics