Forum move - emails coming

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Jul 8, 2005.

1. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Dave (linux_pro) has been working furiously on getting us set up on the new server. We are about ready to go, and he is finishing up the final steps. I have disabled registration until we are on the new board, to facilitate this. Because there is no way to transfer the passwords from this forum to the new one, Dave is in the process of generating new passwords and emailing them to each member's registered email address. Hopefully you will be getting an email soon with your new password for the new forum (it will not work on this one, your password here will remain the same). Keep the email and you will see on the front page (http://www.styleforum.net/index.html) any info you need to know as to when the forum is undergoing the move, etc. The old forum will come back up or remain up so people can get at the old information in the case of any glitches. Its address will change, however. Issues: -you may not have the same email address as you did and thus might not get the email. If you don't get an email, don't panic. I will explain what to do in that situation later. -private messages will be either disabled for a while (on the new forum) until all the problems with them are ironed out or they will be deleted entirely for security purposes. They are acting strangely right now. They will remain on this forum and will be accessible for probably a week or more after the new one is up, so any lingering conversations can be continued. That is all for now.

2. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I'm feeling ostracized: entered user name and new password as emailed to me last night and I got turned away.

vBulletin Message
    You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again.

Do passwords not work yet? Or is this just a subtle way of saying "go away and don't come back"?

DR

3. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Ummm, I don't want to sound really dumb, but what is the url for the new site? I can't find the old thread where you guys were looking for testers.

cheers,
    bob

4. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The test page was here

5. j

The new site will be at or linked from http://www.styleforum.net when it is up. The emails were sent out early so we could make sure people got them and had a chance to ask questions before we shut this site down for the conversion. We will be turning off this forum so that we can convert the database without losing any new posts made during the conversion process. This will probably happen tonight, if all goes well.

6. alchimiste

alchimiste Senior member

Me too. Looks like we have to wait for the official switch to the new forum.

7. j

Yes, the passwords will not work until the new forum is up and running - probably tomorrow.

8. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

I can't wait. It's like it's Christmas eve. [​IMG]

9. Stu

Stu Senior member

I will be really bummed if I get wiped back to 0 posts. You realize how close I am to 1k?

10. j

Haha.. all post counts should update just fine. But to avoid that problem, just finish up your ten-ton today. Then we can bring out the cake and everything.

11. Stu

Stu Senior member

All right man. This is 999....

12. Stu

Stu Senior member

Woo Hoo. Stu1k.

Quite possibly, after breeding, my second-proudest achievement.

13. ATM

ATM Senior member

Nice job.

14. j

Hooray for Stu. 3 Cheers. [​IMG]

15. watchingdetails2002

watchingdetails2002 Senior member

Two different e-mail concerning the new passwords. Both e-mails have a different password on them. So the question is which one will work when the conversion happens. I get an error message from both of them now. Bob in Guam [​IMG]