• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum identity theft?!

Kaga

Reaction score
IMMSMC, there is a website by the youthful tailor and allegedly irked landlord Thomas Mahon named englishcut.com . In my quest for the ultimate in bespoke lace jabots I have perused this site to determine if this young man is up to my standards. Imagine my chagrin to discover an imposter posing as me posting on his blog... Why would someone do such a thing? The miscreant's e-mail address is a sham. This dishonorable interloper wrote:

Thomas, I myself do not enjoy the funds with which to purchase bespoke clothes, however I do admire those privileged enough to afford such clothes, and to enjoy wearing them, and so I like your site for purely vicarious fulfillment. Keep up the great work, Kaga

Posted by: Kaga at May 14, 2005 07:38 PM

Miserable cur. Of course I can afford bespoke. Even on Fuji TV's paltry royalties. But I'm not bitter.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My irony meter just busted.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i, too, am speechless.
sarcasm.gif
well, not THAT speechless, i guess. obviously, said impostor is not aware with whom he is messing. i say, kaga, why not a little 'long pig' as the next theme ingredient?
thumbs-up.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Kaga-san. Those bastards at Fuji TV were closed on monday. I was about to go give them a piece of my mind about them cancelling your show. Oh well, I saw you in an ad for some sort of beach resort - you looked like you were enjoying it.

Cheers from Tokyo.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
never mind the bastards at fuji TV - talk to the bastards at food network about putting cheezy english overdubs on the audio. it's much better with subtitles.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a relative newbie to Styleforum. But from these reactions is it fair to assume that Kaga is like the Japanese version of Ernest?

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a relative newbie to Styleforum. But from these reactions is it fair to assume that Kaga is like the Japanese version of Ernest?
He's the chairman of Kitchen Stadium.
takeshi4fm.gif
Chomp.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh my god. i love that.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Roy @ May 19 2005,10:55) ... Kaga is like the Japanese version of Ernest?
omg.gif
 ...if you thought Kaga was upset before, wait till he sees this...
Should I convert my home into a fortress now
biggrin.gif

Kaga

Reaction score
Gentlemen, gentlemen... Let me clear up some misconceptions -- perhaps your memories do not serve you correctly?

- I am amused at my comparison to ernest. However, I cannot say that it is fair or honorable. ernest is a young layabout who marries the shopping habits of the frivolous youth of my country with unthinkable self-righteousness. I am a productive thespian who has worked many years in film, TV, and on the legitimate stage. To judge by his offensive commentaries, ernest would call me a lemon face and insult the virility of the male half of my race. I have no prejudices, except against whoever fought my Tetsujin during those faithful weeks. I was the first Japanese Jean Valjean. ernest isn't fit to bus tables in a Robuchon restaurant.

- I am very amused by the animation of the Kaga mastication erected on this site. Why should I be angry? In that little sliver of bandwidth here and all over the Internet, I will be immortal for one repeating moment. In order to wear my bespoke lace jabots, to adopt a Sally Ride haircut, to sensually bite into a yellow pepper, I must be able to laugh at myself... a little.

But to take my name in vain and to impersonate me on a public website...

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sorry Kaga, but the reactions to your post were very similar to reactions on Ernest's posts. Of course I should have realized that it was an insult. Your command of the English language is so much better than Ernest's. Of course it would be fun to hear what Ernest has to say about the comparison
biggrin.gif

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- I am amused at my comparison to ernest. However, I cannot say that it is fair or honorable. ernest is a young layabout who marries the shopping habits of the frivolous youth of my country with unthinkable self-righteousness. I am a productive thespian who has worked many years in film, TV, and on the legitimate stage. To judge by his offensive commentaries, ernest would call me a lemon face and insult the virility of the male half of my race. I have no prejudices, except against whoever fought my Tetsujin during those faithful weeks. I was the first Japanese Jean Valjean. ernest isn't fit to bus tables in a Robuchon restaurant.
Now Kalra on the other hand...

Kaga

Reaction score
Now Kalra on the other hand...
Ah, yes. IMMSMC he claimed to have met me, and that I had predicted great things for him even at his tender, jejune age.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Kaga-san, you should take us out to dinner since we are in Tokyo... I'm sure J and I would appreciate a meal served up by the finest gourmet chefs Tokyo has to offer. Plus we could go hang out with some of your Iron Chefs.

I'm sure Morimoto-san is busy in the U.S. but perhaps Iron Chef Sakai-san would join us (or dare I hope - cook.)

lol

Maybe we'll run into you in Omotesando, whilst Jabot shopping.

Sincerely,

Tokyo Slim

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads