• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum attendance

banksmiranda

Reaction score
AskAndy and StyleForum seem to be well "attended." Robb Report and Modern Man forums seem to be much more sporadically "attended." What are your thoughts on the Robb Report and Modern Man forums?

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figured the Robb Report site would be a good one, but as you alluded to, no one seems to post there regularly. Modern Man has more activity but fewer people with as good a knowledge on many things as you find here.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only wish Ask Andy's forums were more accessible. I haven't been able to go there in two days due to some bandwidth error warning.

BjornH

Reaction score
The MM forum never came out of the summer-vacation slump and now it has lost it's momentum. It was a regular stop for me and had quite different emphasis from this forum.

I never had the pleasure (?) of going to the RR forum but Andy's is quite lively and a fun read. The downside is that if it's working at all it's almost too slow to use.

B

AskAndyAboutClothes

Reaction score
I'm the clothes editor on Modern Man Forum, but they are not putting any effort or money into the site. That's why I started my own site, AskAndyAboutClothes.com

Their are two things happening on the AskAndy Forum. First it was slow, but I think that's been solved (let me know) by XO moving it to a newer server.

The other problem is that the site became super popular recently. More traffic for the bandwidth we had allowed, but we've just increased the bandwidth and should be OK now.

Part of the problem was that I contribute to Men's Health Magazine (most recently Dec and Jan/Feb issues) and in lieu of money they mention the site and my book..

Andy

PeterMetro

Reaction score
Part of the problem was that I contribute to Men's Health Magazine (most recently Dec and Jan/Feb issues) and in lieu of money they mention the site and my book..
You (and anyone else who runs a small website) should check out Google AdSense.  It's a great way to make a little money.  You're not going to retire to the Seychelles or anything, but you'll probably recoup your hosting costs and maybe even buy a nice new pair of shoes.

adirondaki

Reaction score
Dear AskAndyAboutClothes -- I like your forum. Honestly, it is still REALLY slow

AskAndyAboutClothes

Reaction score
PeterMetro:

Thanks for the business tips. I found the info at google and will try it.

I have some high quality affiliates already on the site like Lands' End, Brooks Brothers, even E-bay contacted me to advertise. But the commissions are small and not sent out until you amass a substantial sum of commissions like $25 or $100 (depending upon the sponsor).

Someone bought a Ford from my site and I get $4 ., but before I'm paid the $25 minimum, 6 others have to buy a car.

Adirondaki:

Thanks for the kind words. The Forum has been working well for me since we made the server switch (about a month ago), but I'll have them check it again.

Andy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads