• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good race! I thought Leclerc's moves would have garnered a penalty if they were somewhere other than Italy. Amazing how out of sorts Vettel has gotten. Bottas is not a team leader...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottas has stepped up his Q pace but still lacks wheel to wheel skills and race pace.

Vettel has fallen apart mentally. I can understand entering unsafely since he can’t really see or turn his head but he should’ve never even made the initial mistake.

Schwazer

Reaction score
I never thought Vettel was a mental midget until the last 2 years. He has capitulated a number of important times when pressure has been applied to him.

Would he leave Ferrari and retire at the end of the year?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He certainly does not seem to be enjoying himself.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it just me or is this whole Vettel-Leclerc "rivalry" overblown? Apart from Singapore Leclerc has clearly outperformed Vettel so unless Vettel maintains his Singapore form and quits making mistakes (forever), I tend to think Leclerc will on-balance finish ahead of Vettel. So I hope he takes it easy on the whining so much on the radio. Really looking forward to Suzuka too.

Schwazer

Reaction score
I love a good team feud.

At least it makes F1 interesting.

But it is also great to see Ferrari have the speed to compete now.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Was anyone surprised that Vettel made another mental mistake? Yeah, didn't think so.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Was anyone surprised that Vettel made another mental mistake? Yeah, didn't think so.

Vettel folds quicker than Superman on laundry day.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Vettel v Leclerc again! :lol:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great race. Awesome to see fresh faces on the podium too - particularly Gasly and Sainz. Not generally a fan of Gasly, but it was definitely a nice story. Too bad we can't expect anything remotely entertaining at Abu Dhabi.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great race, but I didn't agree with the penalties given. Magnussen left the door open, then squeezed Ric onto the kerb. The resulting lock-up and touch was the inevitable result. Similarly, Albon's turning down on Hamilton was, by his own admission, an act of blind faith that relied on Hamilton to back out or somehow disappear. Horrible result for Albon after another excellent race.

I am usually pretty critical of Seb, but I think Leclerc deserves some blame for that contact. Vettel was drifting over to close the corner, and Charles didn't yield. What if Lando had taken the same approach when Leclerc swerved at him on lap 1?

My favorite move of the race was Sainz slicing down the inside of Perez at turn 1 into what seemed like an impossibly small space between the wall and the Racing Point.

Max was untouchable. Possibly his most dominant race in that it wasn't just a car pace advantage and he had to race for it.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Piss poor by the Ferrari drivers. Vettel driving like he's only had a couple of years in the sport. Leclerc's inexperience showing by not giving his teammate space (so at least he has an excuse not sure Vettel's).

I expect to see some silliness next year (and hope the Red Bull is on pace so we have a decent championship).

Schwazer

Reaction score
Got to feel bad for Albon!

He is holding himself well at RB.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Hulkenberg left without a seat for the 2020 F1 season.

Good driver but lacked that killer instinct. It was a shame he could not get a podium finish while Perez was able to rack up a few.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perez, Stroll, Gasly, and Sainz all got a podium before Nico. Even Crashtor Maldonado managed to stand on the podium.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads