• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Schwazer

Reaction score
Funny how Hamilton doubted the pit stop...

A bit of strategic mastery from Mercedes.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty reasonable since at the time he was less seconds from Verstappen and knew he'd have to make up a ton of ground.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Albon is in the hot seat now...

Schwazer

Reaction score
Gasly sitting 6th in the championship. Ouch!

F1 is brutal.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gasly sitting 6th in the championship. Ouch!

F1 is brutal.
He’s been horrible regardless. He’s probably pissed away a good 30-40 points which is pretty much costing RB 2nd in the constructors championship.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
His place in the driver championship reflects the gap between the big three and the rest more than his performance.

Schwazer

Reaction score

Rosberg's analysis. He says Ferrari may struggle in the race.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ferrari seems to be far enough ahead that even if they suffer in race pace they should still be faster than Mercedes.

radio3

Reaction score
Hey guys, I think Verstappen and Raikkonen are the sensations of the year.

Verstappen’s long obviously been the most talented driver in F1 and a clear future all time great like no other since Schumacher. But now he seems to have finally ironed out some of the rough edges that got him in trouble seasons prior. No wonder no other driver wants any part of having to drive along side him at Red Bull. F1 at this point is about 50% just seeing what. Sratappen gonna do each weekend, for me.

But Raikkonen too has been sensational. Almost like he was at McLaren and Lotus. Why he stuck around Ferrari so long with the treatment he got there I’ll never know, though I suppose it was probably the money or perks. Anyway, just glad he decided to stick around and give us something to watch in the midfield. God knows there’s nothing going on at the front, with Mercedes being on average about 0.7s faster than any other car on the grid. What he’s doing in that Sauber that doesn’t have any front wing has been nothing but astonishing.

I don’t think if these two drivers were around then there would be anything for me to tune in to F1 right now. What about you guys? What are you watching for?

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rosberg proved prophetic. @radio3, on the other hand, served up a nice bit of irony.

Terrible shame about Hubert. And Correa, too.

radio3

Reaction score
Yeah it’s as if I had ESP and knew what would happen in the first corner without realizing it :D a damn shame, too, because having Verstappen in there was the only hope of anything interesting at the front, and Spamaster was the only hope of there being anything interesting in the mid. Oh well, that’s F1

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wonder whether Merc could have challenged for the win had they brought Hamilton in on the same lap as Vettel. Probably the best possible result for the team under the circumstances.

Nice RBR debut for Albon; heartbreaker for Norris.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, Renault/Enstone used to be great on tactics, and now they are abysmal. How the hell did they decide to run Ricciardo until the end on one set of tires?

Schwazer

Reaction score
Q3 was hilarious!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads