• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's dumb to have two US races, but I do think it's dumb to add another ****** street circuit. What I don't understand is why they pair the US and Mexican GPs instead of doing Canada and Mexico back-to-back, then doing the US later. They're flying everything between the races in either case, so there's not really a big logistical difference.

Schwazer

Reaction score
The great Niki Lauda. One of the greatest stories in all sport.

A sad week for F1.

Schwazer

Reaction score
See Perez almost run over 2 marshals?!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holiday weekend threw me off and I totally forgot to try to watch qualifying and the race. From the results, it looks like I didn't miss much.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Qualifying for Monaco is always good. Actual race hasn’t been good in awhile.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a good race, but at least the outcome was not certain. 2018 vintage Max would have taken Lewis, himself, or both out, but his one move was a solid, controlled attempt.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw a clip of Perez almost hitting a marshal that was running across the track. Yikes.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think Vettel both kept his foot on the gas and steered toward Hamilton. I also think that penalty was nonsense.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we need to have Steiner do more radio messages. Telling KMag to basically STFU was great.

Bottas is reverting back to Bottas 1.0. He was nowhere this race.

Schwazer

Reaction score

Good analysis here.

I don't think the penalty for rejoining the track in an unsafe manner by Vettel was correct. He had no other option and lacked control.

I think it was Vettel's error and Hamilton would have passed him if Vettel did not end up blocking him. Then maybe the penalty should be for the latter.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The rule is basically an outgrowth of the proliferation of tarmac runoff areas which sometimes make going off and rejoining cost-free or even faster than staying on the track. On a traditional circuit like Montreal, the grass exacts an inherent time penalty. Vettel paid the price for going off. Hamilton needed to be closer at that point to take advantage.

Rejoining in an unsafe manner is another way of saying he blocked him. Had he not blocked him, it would have been almost by definition a safe reentry to the track. I don't buy Vettel's assertion that he was out of control the whole time. Or, more to the point, I think he contributed to being out of control by staying in the throttle when he was on the grass. He knew Hamilton was lurking and wanted to minimize his time lost rather than maximize the safety of his reentry to the track. Which is all fine in my book. This is the racing I want to see.

Schwazer

Reaction score
It kind of reminded me of Schumacher v Hill in 1994.

Schumacher would have been crucified today.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Hoping Leclerc can win in Austria today!

F1 needs a different winner albeit a Ferrari.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Exceptional race. Verstappen needs to stop swerving in front of people as they enter the braking zone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads