• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We had DRS prior to the turbo era, and the leading teams could not pass at will as they can today. DRS certainly exacerbates the problem, but at root it’s that the top three teams are much farther ahead than they were at the end of the V8 era.

hennree

Reaction score
Yeah DRS is not the cause of the issue. Even the red bulls who arent a match for Ferrari/Merc have no problem climbing through the pack.

Looking forward to seeing Lewis take the championship on Sunday!

What do we think to the Vettel / Ferrari situation? There's rumours he's been hanging around the Red Bull garage (his comfort zone) more than ever recently, the Italian media dislike him, is it time for a change?

I think there's a real chance Le Clerc will show him up next year and I think that was intentional when Ferrari signed him.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vettel has fallen apart this year but I doubt Le Clerc is going to show him up his first year. Vettel is still a really good driver and this will give him the motivation to really improve next year. I think after the 2020 season, it'll end with Lewis at 6 WDC's and Sebastian at 5 WDC's.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uhh Vettel back to Red Bull? He lost to Ricciardo and he’s going to go head to head with Verstappen?

Schwazer

Reaction score
Yeah DRS is not the cause of the issue. Even the red bulls who arent a match for Ferrari/Merc have no problem climbing through the pack.

Looking forward to seeing Lewis take the championship on Sunday!

What do we think to the Vettel / Ferrari situation? There's rumours he's been hanging around the Red Bull garage (his comfort zone) more than ever recently, the Italian media dislike him, is it time for a change?

I think there's a real chance Le Clerc will show him up next year and I think that was intentional when Ferrari signed him.

Why do the Italian media dislike Vettel?

The Tifosi have got to remember it took Schumacher 4 years before he won Ferrari's 1st WC since 1979.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Prime Schumacher would have won last year and this year. Vettel is a very good driver, but his gaudy WDC count is more attributable to Adrian Newey.

I would not be surprised at all if Leclerc gave Vettel a shock a la Hamilton in 2007.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniel Ricciardo denying Max today for youngest pole sitter! Vettel is happy his record is saved.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Danny! He's been needing a day like today for a while.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"I'm tripping major nutsack right now."

Our Dan has quite the way with words.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks for Ricciardo. Nothing but DNF’s.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mad Max!!!!

Never change Max... never change.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The "analysis" following the Ocon/Verstappen contact has been ridiculous. Half of the experts keep referring to Ocon's being lapped when it was Ocon doing the passing, so their opinions automatically get disregarded. Most of the other half acknowledge that Ocon was well within the rules to pass Verstappen, but then go on to say that he was in the wrong to try to complete the pass. Almost no one notes that Ocon was almost fully on the kerb at the point of contact and Verstappen did not leave a car's width.

The penalty was a travesty, but even if you believe that Ocon was 100% in the wrong, Verstappen has again demonstrated that his arrogance and entitlement overwhelm his judgment in wheel-to-wheel racing. He stepped on his own dick.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost makes me wish it was KMag that did it. He would force him off the track and tell Max to suck his balls.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads