• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Autosport's poll of team principals puts Hamilton on top. Who's that in fifth? :)

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 6.28.30 AM.png

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How's Raikkonen ahead of Bottas? I think Bottas did everything he needed to do being new to the team while Raikkonen underperformed- again. I'd say Vettel should be a place or two lower, with Ricciardo and Ocon moving up.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm surprised that anyone thinks that Hulkenberg drove better than Bottas. And to have Ocon fifth without Perez even on the list seems silly.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are the team principals watching the same sport?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nigel Roebuck:

Down the road, though, it is his team-mate who will go further. Although outqualified more often than not by Perez, newcomer Esteban Ocon had a startlingly impressive season, and there is about him that indefinable something that separates the special from the rest.

A gentle demeanour in the paddock emphatically does not carry over to the track, and if, as expected, he shines even more in 2018, it is easy to envisage him the following year at Mercedes.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, you're gonna play Ocon against me for the next 3 years, knowing he's no better than Perez, I get it. I'm not buying it this time. You sold me other dummies in the past. You'd try and sell me Gerhard Burger v Senna if this was back when.

Ocon me all you want...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just think it's interesting that you are so anti-Ocon when the conventional wisdom is so unanimous in its assessment of him. I think he's good, but I'll give you this: If he doesn't decidedly outshine Perez next year, some serious reassessment of him or Perez is due.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just think it's interesting that you are so anti-Ocon when the conventional wisdom is so unanimous in its assessment of him. I think he's good, but I'll give you this: If he doesn't decidedly outshine Perez next year, some serious reassessment of him or Perez is due.

Driving race cars and doing math are intertwined. If a guy can't answer what 9 x 3 is, forget it. He's limited. My guess is he relies on Perez's data. Faced with leading a team, he'd wallow.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Huh? The traces aren't math. You just need to see where you're fast/slow and if your teammate is faster in a given sector, figure out why.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Huh? The traces aren't math. You just need to see where you're fast/slow and if your teammate is faster in a given sector, figure out why.

No ******* way. Speed of thought is tied to math. Great athletes are high end with geometry, etc. Watch that clip I posted about Ocon and math.

If I was a team principal, no ******* way I would hire him.

Brady sees the angles on a play. Steph Curry must do the most amazing geometry to his those crazy shots. Senna had the most amazing sense for math, those perfect parabolas, so incredibly consistent? Genius level.

Ocon crashed his average teammate over, and never decisively beat him.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
None of that stuff translates to the ability to *do* math. It's spatial relationships, depth perception, intuition reinforced by years of practice.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, did he get suspended? What for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads