• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Unbelievably close racing at the end. Poor Kimi...

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Unbelievably close racing at the end. Poor Kimi...

Ha ha, I know, can you imagine how bad he was boiling inside that helmet?

Schumacher looks in good form, too bad that happened to him, he was sure to score a 2nd.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone's game this year so it should be interesting. Can't wait for the races to get back to Europe so I can actually watch them at a reasonable hour.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone's game this year so it should be interesting. Can't wait for the races to get back to Europe so I can actually watch them at a reasonable hour.

I think its between Hamilton, Button and Rosberg but a Red Bull update could easily bring their drivers into contention. I find it interesting Weber is outperforming Vettel.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
argh, was out of town and forgot to record the race. Happy for Rosberg to win.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think its between Hamilton, Button and Rosberg but a Red Bull update could easily bring their drivers into contention. I find it interesting Weber is outperforming Vettel.

Mark can drive, he just had a pretty bad year last year.

I'm really enjoying this season.

and +1 on Kimi. I can imagine him just screaming inside his helmet.

fir3fox

Reaction score
k, I'm new to F1, new to all racing actually.

I watched this past week's race in China and hand a question. Michael Schumacher left the race when one of his wheels wasn't fitted properly after leaving the pit. Was his car damaged to a point beyond repair or is it some rule that the cars can't return to the race after they beach on the side of the track?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I watched this past week's race in China and hand a question. Michael Schumacher left the race when one of his wheels wasn't fitted properly after leaving the pit. Was his car damaged to a point beyond repair or is it some rule that the cars can't return to the race after they beach on the side of the track?

He claims the car was damaged. If it was not damaged, he can certainly get the car back to the pits and put a new tire on.

The rule used to be that if the car stalled on track you were not allowed to restart it, only in the pits. The cars now have anti stall mechanisms which make that rule moot.

You're seeing F1 as good as its ever been. Enjoy it. Lets hope we never return to the dark days of McLaren domination (Senna + Prost) then Williams, then McLaren again, then Ferrari, then Renault. Last year was dominated by Red Bull but there was some excellent racing. 2008 and 2009 were fantastic seasons. 2012 has the potential to be the greatest season ever.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any one here outraged or whiny that f1 is going to Bahrain?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Any one here outraged or whiny that f1 is going to Bahrain?

Money talks.

One day an incident will happen and Bernie will be strung by his balls.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any dictator willing to pay Bernie his cash can have a race.

I don't think they should have gone, but neither outraged nor whiny about it. The rationalizations of the people involved, however, are embarrassing. I heard Damon Hill on The World, and he came off like a clueless prat. Today I heard (for the first time, IIRC) a story about F1 on NPR, and of course it was about Bahrain. It wound up exactly where I knew it would: F1 in South Africa during apartheid. You'd think they would have learned their lesson from that, but I refer you back to my opening statement.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

There is a wheel-retention mechanism built into the hub, and it will keep the loose wheel on the hub for a while, but typically not for a whole lap. Essentially, it gives the driver enough time to see the wheel is wobbly and pull over before it comes off. Even if Schumacher had managed to get back to the pits, any chance of a good finish was gone.

xpress

Reaction score
The only thing missing from the 2012 season is Martin Brundle.
Living in Canada, and without access to the Sky broadcast, I'm left without his legendary commentary.

Pleased to see coulthard is less standoffish, and seems to be far more comfortable than last year.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't read an article about why Brundle went over to Sky. I watched the first few races on Sky and didn't really like the other commentator with him. Did DC and Martin have some sort of falling out or is it all over network contracts?

Edit: Also excited for tomorrows race. The grid is reminiscent of most races last year. Hoping for a Mcclaren 1-2 and Webber finally getting on a podium.

Last edited:

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raikkonen's giving Vettel a run for the money now... where was the Lotus car last year again?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads