• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But Mike Krack is very popular in the F1 community!

I refuse to read into the Alonso farce any further. Sometimes F1 can feel like such an utter waste of time

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s been really fun to see Alonso doing so well this season. And LOL to Max for saying he “settled for second.” Checo was putting on a great drive, and I hope he gives Max a run for his money this year if no one else will. I’m hoping the MBs can continue to improve throughout the season since they’re starting off in a better place than they did last year.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That was a super solid drive from Checo. Max wouldn't have gotten a sniff without the well timed safety car allowing him to leapfrog up the order. I hope that he can offer a bit of resistance in a season which seems poised for a walkover without it. The hints of unreliability are heartily welcomed, too.

If Aston Martin can develop the car over the season, it is likely that Alonso will finally get another win. It's easy to lapse into schadenfreude with him, but he is undeniably one of the greatest drivers ever.

George had a very good weekend.

Schwazer

Reaction score

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In more McLaren news, Technical Director James Key gets the boot. Totally fair that he takes the fall for the shite car that’s gotten shittier and shittier.

But Stella and Zak are replacing him with some weird three headed monster. Good luck with that

bgsmith

Reaction score
The only thing going for Lando these days is the perception that he's likeable. So, why not flush that down the toilet too.

This, he had a reputation as this kind off awe shucks kid when he first came to Mclaren, now he thinks he is the greatest thing on earth yet hasn't accomplished anything, if anything his attitude has held him back (Russian GP).

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This, he had a reputation as this kind off awe shucks kid when he first came to Mclaren, now he thinks he is the greatest thing on earth yet hasn't accomplished anything, if anything his attitude has held him back (Russian GP).

The vibe I'm getting is that he thinks McLaren is beneath him and is waiting for RB/Merc/Ferrari to swoop in and give him a car worthy of his "talent." McLaren is definitely a cluster **** all the way around, but Lando's timid ass driving has certainly contributed to the overall product. At least I've learned to not lose money on him every race this year.

bgsmith

Reaction score
The vibe I'm getting is that he thinks McLaren is beneath him and is waiting for RB/Merc/Ferrari to swoop in and give him a car worthy of his "talent." McLaren is definitely a cluster **** all the way around, but Lando's timid ass driving has certainly contributed to the overall product. At least I've learned to not lose money on him every race this year.
I mean he has proven he can outperform his car in some cases but again he hasn’t proven to be better than anyone on the teams he seems to think he deserves a seat on, he needs to learn patience when it comes to getting a better seat or car.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads