• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The through-line of Lewis' post-karting career is Mercedes. He's been talking about finishing his career with Mercedes for literally years now. While it's possible he might go to another team, the likelihood that he will is exceedingly slim. He won't go to Red Bull, and Ferrari seems pretty happy with their driver lineup. So, the subtleties of British English notwithstanding, this seems more like fantasy than analysis.

The subtlety though is that he has gone from "why I'll never drive for Ferrari" in other interviews to his latest stance "I think I'll always be with Mercedes".

"I think" being the key words (and the $40m salary obviously)

He is keeping his options open, I doubt somebody of his stature does not have a back up plan to win another title if Mercedes have "peaked". He is a racer and winning is all that matters.

Mercedes of course might come good next season, I wouldn't bet against RBR staying on top though, and as we have seen when Ferrari aren't tripping over themselves they are quick enough to win races.

I realise Mercedes fans will find it unpalatable, but it's F1, crazy sh*t happens 🙂

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latifi is out at the end of the season. Will I, and my fellow countrymen, get a second Dutchman in F1?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Latifi is out at the end of the season. Will I, and my fellow countrymen, get a second Dutchman in F1?
Seems likely, but with Red Bull expressing interest in him for Alpha Tauri, I fear that he might hold out for that and miss out entirely when Red Bull Red Bulls.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sincerely hope he chooses Williams. Competition between him and Max needs to happen, if only just to see how my countrymen deal with that😂

Schwazer

Reaction score

To Latifi:

giphy14.gif

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sincerely hope he chooses Williams. Competition between him and Max needs to happen, if only just to see how my countrymen deal with that😂

That said, if De Vries is as good as he appears Max would be a pretty good mentor, who manages him??

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Of course RB breached the cap. Doesn't make sense how they were able to keep developing last year's car, develop a 2022 car, and then redevelop it for a lighter chassis.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Imagine if RBR got disqualified from both the championships it already has in the bag this year? 🤣

doubt it happens though. If the allegations are true they’ll prolly get docked some points that cuts, but not eliminates their lead.

oh but maybe they get docked enough points to give Ferrari and Mercedes a chance to steal the drivers and constructors?! We can call it a “safety car” of sorts in the points table :laugh:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One question that's been on my mind is how the cars and team budgets are monitored or inspected throughout the season. RBR has such a dominant car this year that my suspicious side wonders if/how they've been getting around the rules...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One question that's been on my mind is how the cars and team budgets are monitored or inspected throughout the season. RBR has such a dominant car this year that my suspicious side wonders if/how they've been getting around the rules...
They're supposed to be audited every year.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the cars inspected throughout the season, though?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars are randomly selected for inspection every race. I'm not sure if budgets are inspected throughout the year though.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scrutineering at every session.

If any team puts in a technical protest it is investigated by the FIA technical delegate.

Cheating in F1 s rife though, they are all bang at it, all the time (subtly of course), that's what makes F1 so cool.

If your looking for sportsmanlike behaviour I would probably try Cricket (and even in that most pleasant of British Sunday afternoon pastimes they are still up to no good) 🤣

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If any team puts in a technical protest...
One of my favorite F1 memes is "Inspector Seb". There is an entire subreddit dedicated to Sebastian Vettel inspecting cars on the paddock. In many cases touching cars in Parc Ferme which is expressly forbidden.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads