• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting to read Porsche finished 3rd in the Constructor's championship in 1961.

The 1962 Porsche 804 is a great looking car, it's a shame they stopped ☹

I did a few laps of Watkins Glen on GT7 the other night (one of the '62 races).

What a F1 track that was, why the hell aren't we racing there now??

Schwazer

Reaction score

Also they had Dan Gurney who is one of the most underrated drivers.

Gurney's 1967 Eagle Weslake T1G is probably one of the most beautiful F1 cars ever.

tumblr_os65gtGQpt1vpkofzo1_1280.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Too narrow/outdated for modern cars, no spectator infrastructure. They can tear up and build out the whole track and whole town, I suppose, but they wisely decided to leave it alone

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Assetto Corsa competizione is just about to release a few US tracks. Watkins glen is on the list. IMSA GT cars are there this weekend.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too narrow/outdated for modern cars, no spectator infrastructure. They can tear up and build out the whole track and whole town, I suppose, but they wisely decided to leave it alone

Sounds a bit like Brands Hatch in the UK, awesome track but stuck in a bit of a 1970s timewarp unfortunately ☹

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assetto Corsa competizione is just about to release a few US tracks. Watkins glen is on the list. IMSA GT cars are there this weekend.

I might give it shot, I kind of like "Project cars" for the British tracks and selection of classic cars but it looks a bit clunky compared to the PS5 games.

GT7 has done a pretty good job with the Porsches and the US circuits though 👍

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also they had Dan Gurney who is one of the most underrated drivers.

Gurney's 1967 Eagle Weslake T1G is probably one of the most beautiful F1 cars ever.

tumblr_os65gtGQpt1vpkofzo1_1280.jpg

'67 is the sweet spot for me with the Lotus 49, I've seen a lot of the classics run at Goodwood FOS over the years.

The Eagle is definately up there ❤

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No race this weekend is a bit bittersweet. On the one hand, there's no race this weekend. On the other, I'm not pissing my usual $100 away betting on McLaren to win or podium.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No race this weekend is a bit bittersweet. On the one hand, there's no race this weekend. On the other, I'm not pissing my usual $100 away betting on McLaren to win or podium.

I reckon a bet on George Russell to win at Silverstone might be worth a flutter.

The weather is very dicey over here at the moment and Nigel Mansell always reckoned the fans were worth 0.5 seconds a lap 😉

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Gurney Eagle-Westlake was at Amelia Island this year. It’s so small, low, and nondescript from the direct front that most people just walked right past it.

but the lines are completely clean, the proportions are perfect, every feature is “honest” and of course those tailpipes are a work of art

Schwazer

Reaction score
The Gurney Eagle-Westlake was at Amelia Island this year. It’s so small, low, and nondescript from the direct front that most people just walked right past it.

but the lines are completely clean, the proportions are perfect, every feature is “honest” and of course those tailpipes are a work of art

Definitely a work of art indeed.

Senna and Schumacher had to try and compete with this:

Schwazer

Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He’s just salty because Lewis hurt his boy’s feefees in GP2. They have tried to spread rumors that ART was cheating. But just compare how each fared against Alonso, and the story is clear.

In other asshat news, Vips officially bounced by Red Bull.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He’s just salty because Lewis hurt his boy’s feefees in GP2. They have tried to spread rumors that ART was cheating. But just compare how each fared against Alonso, and the story is clear.

In other asshat news, Vips officially bounced by Red Bull.
Why do they always say, when caught, something to the effect of "this does not represent my values or who I am"?
Uh, yeah it does. Unless you can prove you were possessed or something.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why do they always say, when caught, something to the effect of "this does not represent my values or who I am"?
Uh, yeah it does. Unless you can prove you were possessed or something.
Because people who don't really care about racism accept that false contrition so they can get back to ignoring the issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads