• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For a race that Max was always going to win, it offered a lot of action and even the possibility of a different outcome. Sainz was pretty impressive. I really don't understand Alpine's strategy for Alonso, though. Passing up the first VSC was one thing, but not pitting during the second? Mystifying. Schumi, Jr's luck is horrific.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He got too greedy on the throttle at the hairpin when he got close, and that was it. Max probably had it covered no matter what, but if he'd been able to get even a little bit alongside, all things were possible.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm sure this is the only time he's ever said it...

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this is the only time he's ever said it...

People using abhorrent words or holding abhorrent views present a particular set of problems. The first is obviously how they got to whatever stage that let them feel comfortable enough to use that language or hold those views. We should really try to fix that. The second is how do we provide an off ramp for them to be un-cancelled/ ostracized/ etc? While my initial thought with the racists and fascists is "**** them, enjoy that bed you made", if theres no way back for them, what incentive do they have to change?

I also experience all of this through the prism of being a 42 year old white guy, so I should probably just keep quiet and continue my streak of not yelling racist epithets.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The long term consequences for this behavior are pretty minimal. Kyle Larson did the same thing, got suspended, and now he's a top driver in a top team. Or that fuckwit Santino Ferrucci whose Trumpist idiocy got him bounced out of F2 and right into Indycar. I suspect that Vips' tendency to crash will define his future much more than this will.

But, to answer your question, they have no incentive to change, only to appear contrite for an appropriate amount of time so that they can get back to being the same people they were, are, and will be. Or, as in Ferrucci's case, do nothing and take advantage of the fact that the people who pay the bills in motorsport more than likely land closer to his views than to those of a Hamilton or Vettel.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Young and dumb.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Anyone what sunglasses Senna is wearing?

Screen_Shot_2018-05-03_at_3.37.25_PM_1.progressive.jpg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Im definitely selling my Porsche in 2026 when RBR starts running Porsche PU’s

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's just made my day Tex 🤣

Every Porsche ad will have Verstappens grinning mug shot, and the Porsche community will become instant "fanboys" 🤣🤣

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dibs.

I'm fairly certain that SF10 gets me an additional 10%.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That “imminent” announcement has been “imminent” for months now. Doesn’t mean it won’t ultimately be true, but I’m not waiting around. Red Bull - Porsche would be conflicting for me, as one of the aforementioned Porsche fanbois, but I’m a McLaren guy through and through.

I have the opportunity to head to Benelux in August, gonna see if i can grab tix to the Belgian and/or Dutch GP :slayer:

Schwazer

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads