• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol I gladly accept any difference with my opinion since we are mostly relying on our perception of the characters and speculating about what goes on in the teams.

but of all the things I said, you’re taking issue with me calling Alain Prost the greatest French driver? Who else even is in the conversation?!
Esteban Ocon!!!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
lol I gladly accept any difference with my opinion since we are mostly relying on our perception of the characters and speculating about what goes on in the teams.

but of all the things I said, you’re taking issue with me calling Alain Prost the greatest French driver? Who else even is in the conversation?!
I didn't clearly communicate here. He is undoubtedly the greatest French driver, and probably in the top ten of all time. I was taking issue with the notion that he was booted. My sense is that he no longer liked the terms being offered and is taking advantage of his standing to pout theatrically. :)

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s kind of confusing considering Renault’s poor power train and RBR dropping them for Honda.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not just dropping them, but talking **** about Renault publicly for years beforehand. Christian seems nice...

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Chain Bear banger:

Man…humans are the worst. This guy makes all of these excellent points, but is afraid for whatever reason, to deal with the elephant in the room. If they keep him as RD, it only further cements he was simply the instrument; and honestly implicitly states, there will be no serious change forthcoming.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess someone really needed a job and RBR was offering a boat load of cash.

Netflix wants more air-time for Horner to talk **** about Cyril and create an additional story line.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Man…humans are the worst. This guy makes all of these excellent points, but is afraid for whatever reason, to deal with the elephant in the room. If they keep him as RD, it only further cements he was simply the instrument; and honestly implicitly states, there will be no serious change forthcoming.
I think his belief that keeping Masi in a revised structure would be workable is kinda whatever, but I still think Masi's an example of the peter principle at work.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think his belief that keeping Masi in a revised structure would be workable is kinda whatever, but I still think Masi's an example of the peter principle at work.
"it's called a promotion game. We went promoting."

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Schwazer

Reaction score
History repeats itself...

Prost left Renault in 1983 under acrimonious circumstances as well. (Obviously different context :D)

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He must have been operating under the approval/direction of someone for him not to have been sacked already.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads