• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I blame the race stewards and FIA for constantly allowing Max to drive over the edge and never punishing him for it. If I were in Max's position, I would be driving the exact same way since it gives you a huge advantage when racing.
Yes, to a point. And that point is when another driver or drivers don’t back down. And in the recent races Lewis held his ground more. This ends up then being adjudicated by stewards through penalties or ends in crashes. Neither outcome is great in my view. But for now, it’s entertaining.

Octobab

Reaction score
Not sure if 'farce' feels like the right word -I can't really cite any incidents I think I could've ruled any better than the stewards did- but what an odd mix of disappointment and entertainment.

Very mixed feelings about Max's various giving-the-place-back shenanigans. The move with Hamilton directly behind him felt insanely amateurish, and his latter move, setting himself up to retake the place, at the very least violates the spirit of the regulations

Octobab

Reaction score
Do you think Max felt cheated going into this weekend somehow?

Should Bottas have been penalised for holding him up?

Yes, absolutely. A frankly despicable move from the team (we can only assume this was team orders) and a shame on Valterri for enabling it. Genuinely changes my opinion of him as a driver and a person

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Octobab

Reaction score
QUOTE="Texasmade, post: 10935315, member: 25416"]
Stewards blaming Max for the collision. Also max is accumulating those penalty points.
[/QUOTE]

2.4G of deceleration... I'm no physicist but that seems like a lot more than a light tap on the brakes (or just simply lifting)

I just skimmed the article.. does this change his final points tally from the race? EDIT: nope

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should Bottas have been penalised for holding him up?
This was addressed by Masi during the race when RB complained about it. Something about the 10 car length only applies to formation lap and Bottas slowing wasn't during a formation lap.

Octobab

Reaction score
This was addressed by Masi during the race when RB complained about it. Something about the 10 car length only applies to formation lap and Bottas slowing wasn't during a formation lap.

Still underhanded and slimey.

(although I'll admit I was being a bit overreationary in my above post)

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still underhanded and slimey.

(although I'll admit I was being a bit overreationary in my above post)
I didn't quite follow Masi's explanation either but RB either bought it or just decided to say f it and move on.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So im clear that i dont know whats happening in a race yet.... but i like all the **** that happened.

However even i knew that all of it wasn't a good thing. Even the announcers said the track maybe wasn't well designed.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Max wins the championship, based on overall victories, if both he and Hamilton are forced to retire. Now, I'm not saying he.........oh hell, I'm saying it.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The FIA really fucked themselves by not pulling Max's leash on any of the **** hes pulled over the last couple of years. I will be shocked if Lewis finishes the race in AD.

monkey66

Reaction score
Simply need to apply a rule that they will dock 1 championship point for causing a collision. Then we will get a clean race.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Max wins the championship, based on overall victories, if both he and Hamilton are forced to retire. Now, I'm not saying he.........oh hell, I'm saying it.

1997 calling again?

image.jpg

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The FIA really fucked themselves by not pulling Max's leash on any of the **** hes pulled over the last couple of years. I will be shocked if Lewis finishes the race in AD.

Yeah, they were so desperate to have a rivalry with Lewis/Merc that they willfully turned a blind eye. Mix in the toxic Red Bull culture and sense of entitlement, and this is where we're at.

For those of you who gamble on F1, this is truly the week to put some bets on Sainz, Bottas, LeClerc or Lando to win it. I'll be interested if the London bookies who set the F1 odds are taking this into account. I had Lando at 50:1 this past week and wonder if that is going to go way down.

EDIT: I was wrong. Lewis and Max still overwhelming favorites to win, so they're not taking that into consideration. I plan on putting 20 each on Gasley, LeClerc, Lando and Ricciardo (all at 100:1).

Last edited:

Bersabee

Reaction score
2.4G of deceleration... I'm no physicist but that seems like a lot more than a light tap on the brakes (or just simply lifting)

I just skimmed the article.. does this change his final points tally from the race? EDIT: nope

FYI it's not exactly a light tap - it's a deceleration from about 150kph to 100kph in a span of 15ms. If correct, the max g-force achieved from braking is around 5gs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads