• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a not-quite-impartial-but-midfield-fan-who’s-ass-is-getting-kicked-by-Ferrari, I’d like to see Lewis win out in Jeddah, just to set up a winner-take-all race on Yas Island, which is my sentimental favorite of all the F1 tracks, just because it’s the one track I’ve actually driven in anger

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a not-quite-impartial-but-midfield-fan-who’s-ass-is-getting-kicked-by-Ferrari, I’d like to see Lewis win out in Jeddah, just to set up a winner-take-all race on Yas Island, which is my sentimental favorite of all the F1 tracks, just because it’s the one track I’ve actually driven in anger

I want Lewis to lose the title, fall out with Mercedes and then jump ship to Ferrari and win his final championship with them.

Hopefully this year we will get to see the look on Toto's face change when he finally realizes money can't get You everything you desire!

Octobab

Reaction score
I want Lewis to lose the title, fall out with Mercedes and then jump ship to Ferrari and win his final championship with them.

Hopefully this year we will get to see the look on Toto's face change when he finally realizes money can't get You everything you desire!

Mercedes has gotten to where they are through a lot of different aspects, but much like McLaren's recent successes, it's built off the back of a stable, rewarding, well-managed environment to work in. Three words no-one in their right mind would ever use to describe Ferrari.

Personally, I've been cheering for Max all season, but now that we're potentially looking at a real last-race finish, I've realized I'd actually really like to see Lewis win. He finally have what we always wanted from him - a real fight. The problem was never Lewis winning, the problem was how uncontested those wins were.

Also, Ferrari has a larger budget than Merc and has outspent the entire grid every year before cost-caps, but don't let me get in the way of your villanizing

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lewis is never going to Ferrari. He’s smart enough to know that you need a good organizational structure to build a winner and that’s something Ferrari hasn’t had since the Schumacher era. On top of that, Mercedes let’s him promote all of his social causes. I doubt Ferrari would wade into the BLM, LGBT, environmental issues that Lewis supports.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mercedes has gotten to where they are through a lot of different aspects, but much like McLaren's recent successes, it's built off the back of a stable, rewarding, well-managed environment to work in. Three words no-one in their right mind would ever use to describe Ferrari.

Personally, I've been cheering for Max all season, but now that we're potentially looking at a real last-race finish, I've realized I'd actually really like to see Lewis win. He finally have what we always wanted from him - a real fight. The problem was never Lewis winning, the problem was how uncontested those wins were.

Also, Ferrari has a larger budget than Merc and has outspent the entire grid every year before cost-caps, but don't let me get in the way of your villanizing

I want Lewis to go to Ferrari and help them become winners again, I won't lie Mercedes-Benz will always be the villains to me (too close to the Nazis for my tastes)

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lewis is never going to Ferrari. He’s smart enough to know that you need a good organizational structure to build a winner and that’s something Ferrari hasn’t had since the Schumacher era. On top of that, Mercedes let’s him promote all of his social causes. I doubt Ferrari would wade into the BLM, LGBT, environmental issues that Lewis supports.

That could change, Fernando and Seb got close. You can't really drive a Mercedes and expect anybody to take you seriously as a left winger if you look at the history books

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whoa whoa how did we get to a Nazi connection here? If we’re holding that against Mercedes you can’t support Red Bull (Hitler is Austrian) or overlook that Enzo made war machines for Il Duce while he wasn’t making pretty little red cars.

Also Toto sounds exactly like bastions of freedom Arnold Schwarzenegger and Rainier Wolfcastle so he can’t be bad

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem was never Lewis winning, the problem was how uncontested those wins were.

I'm a fan of Merc and Lewis but it wasn't all that enjoyable for the past few years watching them win. I’ve rooted for RB in years past but because I loved those drivers (Vettel & Ricciardo).

I’m far from a superfan of Max but the beauty of this season is the down to the wire battle. I’d just like to see a fight and that's what we are getting as fans right now. I respect both drivers in contention but there isn’t a good guy and a bad guy. I’d just like to see Max win this year.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
48335568242_91061b421a_b.jpg

Octobab

Reaction score
Only the most galaxy-brained takes in this thread.

Can we take it that you're opposed to a potential Porsche/VW entry for the same reason?

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only the most galaxy-brained takes in this thread.

Can we take it that you're opposed to a potential Porsche/VW entry for the same reason?

No, of course not. It's just a bit of light hearted banter ?

It's more for the casual browser who happens across this thread, so when they read about how "evil" Red Bull Racing are, it will add a little balance to the conversation

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, of course not. It's just a bit of light hearted banter ?

It's more for the casual browser who happens across this thread, so when they read about how "evil" Red Bull Racing are, it will add a little balance to the conversation

I dont think calling people Nazis is a bit of light hearted banter. Stop being an ass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads