• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Max can speed through pit lane and drive straight into someone and the FIA will make up some BS excuse on why he shouldn’t be penalized.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who thought that Yuki was a bit hard done by last weekend:

Russell also criticised the stewards’ decision to hand AlphaTauri driver Yuki Tsunoda a 10-second penalty for his collision with Aston Martin’s Lance Stroll.

“Equally the incident with Tsunoda and Stroll, there was no way Tsunoda should have been penalised for that,” Russell added. He was absolutely right to go for the move, wasn’t out of control, wasn’t locking up, and he still comfortably made the apex."
And Alonso hits the nail on the head:

“When they [the rules] are grey, sometimes you feel you benefit from them and sometimes you’ve been the idiot on track again,” Alonso said. “So, it’s better when it’s black and white. And let’s see if we can improve all together – I think it’s not only FIA issue, but also drivers, teams, FIA, we all need to work together to have better rules.” He also said the FIA’s explanation for no Verstappen penalty made sense but wasn’t in line with previous decisions, before quipping: “But… they are always right. That is the problem.”

monkey66

Reaction score
At the end if the day F1 is a private business who's job is to make money.

Many fans are turned off by single driver domination. Max is great for business, they want the final race showdown, controversy, arguments. Its all money in the bank.

Sadly I have stopped viewing the decision making as rule based and more as click based. When you look through this lens all the decisions make perfect sense. Horner is pure WWE.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In a way, I empathize with the stewards not hitting Max with the penalty in Brazil because i’m firmly in the camp of not letting championships getting decided by officiating if you can help it. They probably thought, Lewis is going to pass in a couple laps anyway (let’s stall until we see him pull it off), let’s leave it alone. But then of course Valtteri closes the gap enough from P3 that Max loses points if he gets a 5-sec.

but now it’s an egregiously inconsistent and precedent-setting decision. Horner and Max don’t help things by being unrepentant and boldly stating they’re going to do it again, go for every gap, etc.

i dunno what I would do if I were Michael Masi. Maybe pull Horner aside and tell him look, I look like the asshole now but I’m taking one for the team because I don’t my stewards to be a deciding factor, but put me in this position again and fair warning - you’ll get hit with a ton of bricks. And never have that condescending prick Jonathan Wheatley call me again to appeal anything or I’ll give you a worse penalty out of spite.

monkey66

Reaction score
5 grid places for Max, 3 for Bottas.

What will the script writers come up with next?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lmao, Gasly “accidentally” running wide and gifting Max with P3. There’s your next plot twist :happy:

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they build Hamiltons new engine out of parts Bottas needed? The difference is nuts.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not only am I happy to see Fernando back on the podium, but I had a $10 podium bet on him at 33 to 1.

giphy.gif

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, Bottas just isn’t that good.

I really wonder why they wouldnt call George up at this point. I know it wouldnt be great optics, but Valteri has a seat for next year and has basically downed tools at this point. I have to imagine at least half the grid would be getting better results in the Merc right now, and thats having actual consequence for Lewis and the team...

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, while I am thinking about the run in, what are the odds on Max contesting a corner he's nowhere near again and taking Lewis out? Doesnt seem like theres any reason for him to not do it given the recent stewards decisions.

All I want for xmas this year is Lewis/ Mercedes to win the WDC/ WCC so I can see a 2 minute close up of Horner's smug face. I'm not even a Mercedes fan, but RB/ Max/ Horner have been so odious this year I cant help but hope for Lewis to bring it home.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In other news, i feel it wouldn’t be right not to drop in a little Fernando appreciation (real appreciation, not pr0n)

januarytwenty

Reaction score
In other news, i feel it wouldn’t be right not to drop in a little Fernando appreciation (real appreciation, not pr0n)

Loved seeing him up there again. I chuckled when he wanted to throw the champagne bottle but opted on handing it down to his team.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Even though his time in the wilderness was mostly his own doing, it's a shame for the sport that Alonso has been in uncompetitive machinery for so long. Red Bull should have signed him!

Michael Masi is simply unsuited for his position. He lacks the sophistication, backbone, and grace required.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads