• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. The red mist had already taken over. I think it’s an important lesson for him not to lose his head in certain situations.

But again, I’m not here to second guess. Like i said, i agreed with the decision to stay out and was actually elated when Mercedes brought HAM in

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The red mist had already taken over. I think it’s an important lesson for him not to lose his head in certain situations.

But again, I’m not here to second guess. Like i said, i agreed with the decision to stay out and was actually elated when Mercedes brought HAM in
As a 21 year old kid, he just doesn't have the experience to make these kind of life or death, split second decisions. Lewis has been doing this a whole lot longer and it shows.I'm with you. I really thought Mercedes had made a mistake...clearly wishful thinking.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They called him but Lando didn’t listen

Yes, I read later that he overruled his engineer and chose to stay out. Lesson learned I hope, young man.

Schwazer

Reaction score

10:38 min.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Zak Brown was at Long Beach for the Indycar finale.

Heartbreak there, too, as Ed Jones tagged O'Ward on the first lap which eventually caused him to retire.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Schwazer

Reaction score
Anyone seen this list?

No Mouton or Moss but Hartley is in the hall. I assume being WC in your category is a prerequisite.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never knew that existed ?

it’s been around for four years so a relatively recent thing, then

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like winning F1, WEC, or WRC driver's championship is an automatic admission to the hall.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Look forward to next generations hotly debating whether one-and-done drivers are worthy of being in the Hall.

I have to mention Martin Brundle as an oddity. I’m not particularly impressed with one WEC championship, and it doesn’t help that his F1 career was meh, but he absolutely deserves to make the Hall as a broadcaster and commentator. Which is of course, not at all considered. Hall of Fames are such rabbit holes….

Schwazer

Reaction score
Very bizarre. I can completely understand Kristensen and Ickx for their Le Mans greatness but some of the recent successful WEC drivers I would not deem them Hall of Fame material.

I do respect their great acheivement, no question.

But someone like Emanuele Pirro who won Le Mans 5 times is not in the hall.

The WRC drivers seem all reasonable, some of the names from the 80's/90's are still thrown around these days.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Poor Heidfeld.

Just found out that Heidfeld also currently holds the most podiums without a win in Formula E as well.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look forward to next generations hotly debating whether one-and-done drivers are worthy of being in the Hall.

I have to mention Martin Brundle as an oddity. I’m not particularly impressed with one WEC championship, and it doesn’t help that his F1 career was meh, but he absolutely deserves to make the Hall as a broadcaster and commentator. Which is of course, not at all considered. Hall of Fames are such rabbit holes….

Brundle has done a lot of work behind the scenes for British Motorsport with the BRDC and he was Sennas closest rival in British F3 before they both arrived in F1 (and they were really evenly matched!!!)

I suppose he is a bit of a British hero for his Jaguar days!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads