• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watch Drive to Survive on Netflix. It is fantastically well produced and provides some great technical data and background about the team principals and drivers. You'll be up to speed in mere hours and get acquainted with all the juicy, dramatic details (many of which are fabricated or exaggerated to make the series more like Housewives of some ****** suburb).

Danny Ric is hard not to like. You picked a good one to root for.
Yeah im about halfway through se2 and enjoying it

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A847C3E7-B583-4E0B-8050-28E81F0AE1F8.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He strikes me as someone who sees his golden ticket slipping his grasp. If Lewis’s COVID had been earlier in the season, I think George would be in the Merc this year. There’s no way Toto came out of Sakhir happy with his 2021 lineup.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Godfather was not happy with George for wrecking one of his prized Mercedes but I doubt this has any real lasting impact on George's future Mercedes ride. If George continues to wreck his car misjudging overtakes though he can kiss that Mercedes seat goodbye. He'll be relegated to racing against Lance in Aston Martin while Toto pulls Max or Lando.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve sort of wondered how Fantasy F1 is like to play. Is there any diversity of strategy considering that there are only 20 drivers and i can’t think of any other strategy than “pick HAM”?

There is a strategy involved:

Each driver and constructor has unique 'prices' and you have a set budget of 100m; it's rigged so you can't afford to have HAM/BOT/Mercedes and steal all the points; you'd have to take chump change and have Mazespin or something so you have to balance it out.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Godfather was not happy with George for wrecking one of his prized Mercedes but I doubt this has any real lasting impact on George's future Mercedes ride. If George continues to wreck his car misjudging overtakes though he can kiss that Mercedes seat goodbye. He'll be relegated to racing against Lance in Aston Martin while Toto pulls Max or Lando.

I would think George showing Valteri and Mercedes that he won't just sit idly by during a race is a lot better for his career than just sitting tight and hoping to get an opportunity (it may not be next year if Valterri has a decent season and helps Mercedes secure the WCC again). Valteri was having a **** race and George a promising one so George as a racer had to go for the opening he saw - I think they all have to take notice. Either Valteri wakes up for the rest of the season or George could save the team money by getting promoted during the season (or having 2022 confirmed for him relatively early). Meanwhile George will do well to remember to make a daring move stick next time.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think George showing Valteri and Mercedes that he won't just sit idly by during a race is a lot better for his career than just sitting tight and hoping to get an opportunity (it may not be next year if Valterri has a decent season and helps Mercedes secure the WCC again). Valteri was having a **** race and George a promising one so George as a racer had to go for the opening he saw - I think they all have to take notice. Either Valteri wakes up for the rest of the season or George could save the team money by getting promoted during the season (or having 2022 confirmed for him relatively early). Meanwhile George will do well to remember to make a daring move stick next time.
Not when you completely misjudge the move and crash out. George's risk assessment in that situation was poor. Reminds me of Max a few years ago when he was in the lead and wouldn't let Ocon pass to unlap himself and they both collided giving Hamilton the win. Both situations were high risk low reward.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree with both these points and in a perfect world think that you shouldn’t hold it against a racer that he’s racing. Bottom line no one did anything that earned a sanction.

but if it’s true that Mercedes will now have to use dollars earmarked for R&D and upgrades to replace the written-off car, in a hotly contested season, that could cost them the championship. And that won’t be forgotten.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don’t have anything against Stroll anymore. He’s proven that he’s good enough to belong on the grid unlike Mazespin.

I can totally see that point. I won't ever root for Stroll--unless it's a necessary evil that benefits McLaren in some way--but he has shown that he belongs on the grid.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with both these points and in a perfect world think that you shouldn’t hold it against a racer that he’s racing. Bottom line no one did anything that earned a sanction.

but if it’s true that Mercedes will now have to use dollars earmarked for R&D and upgrades to replace the written-off car, in a hotly contested season, that could cost them the championship. And that won’t be forgotten.

I think it actually hurts Bottas more than George. At the end of the season, Bottas needs as many points as he can possibly get or he's getting replaced. He might get replaced even if he comes second in the drivers championship again. No one is going to remember that George binned a Mercedes trying to make a pass in his shitbox Wlliams.

If it starts happening regularly it might be cause for concern, but absent that, George Russell is going to be driving a championship caliber car in the very near future for someone

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads