• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just read that the car is from his fairytale home Monza win, so that’s pretty cool

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hamilton fit pic in honor of race weekend.

ot04hp7zqdt61.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve sort of wondered how Fantasy F1 is like to play. Is there any diversity of strategy considering that there are only 20 drivers and i can’t think of any other strategy than “pick HAM”?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve sort of wondered how Fantasy F1 is like to play. Is there any diversity of strategy considering that there are only 20 drivers and i can’t think of any other strategy than “pick HAM”?
I kept seeing the F1 Play app advertised at the races on TV so I finally downloaded it last season. You answer 10 questions. For instance, pick P1-3 (clearly some combination of HAM BOT VER most likely), winning margin in seconds between P1 and P2 and highest finisher among a random selection of drivers. It's far from skill based but it only takes a few seconds.

I actually did fairly well for Bahrain this year. I’m usually in the 3-4/10 group so 6/10 isn't bad.

912E756D-F67B-4DB7-84CD-9D9FB5C8D8F6.jpeg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I kept seeing the F1 Play app advertised at the races on TV so I finally downloaded it last season. You answer 10 questions. For instance, pick P1-3 (clearly some combination of HAM BOT VER most likely), winning margin in seconds between P1 and P2 and highest finisher among a random selection of drivers. It's far from skill based but it only takes a few seconds.

I actually did fairly well for Bahrain this year. I’m usually in the 3-4/10 group so 6/10 isn't bad.

View attachment 1594564
I see, so something akin to super bowl betting where you pick winners and a bunch of prop bets

There’s another game where you pick a team of drivers (with a salary cap) and get points for their accomplishments.

That one seems to be even more non-diverse, although maybe there’s fun in finding arbitrage in the mid-pack. But maybe even that may have been rendered pointless during Lewis’s past-season rampages.

In the early days of Fantasy NBA, they used to make Michael Jordan undraftable because there was no way to have parity with him present. Maybe that would have been the way to go with Lewis? Maybe the point is moot now that Mercedes no longer seems so far in front of everyone else...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stroll is thanking the gods for Mazepin’s presence in F1. Nearly all of the anti-rich kid ire is now directed his way.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No kidding. Although to be fair to Lance, he shut a lot of people up when he started podiuming.

Not fair to judge Mazepin on one race, but he seems like such a waste of air that so many of us are rooting for him to fail

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn it. For a moment, it looked like Lando had made the first row before the penalty was handed down. He was fast as #### though, and tomorrow is going to be interesting.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kimi is the MAN. Sound asleep with helmet in car. Scroll to the end to see him wake up, rub eyes, get back to the important work of being the MAN.

His resting heart rate, is 5...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads