• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The girl came out and defended Mazepin.

Probably got some good cash for her statement.
I saw the video. The characterizations of it as assault seem wide of the mark.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lewis is back for Abu Dhabi. Valtteri cannot rescue his reputation by handling George. George goes back to tussling with Latifi.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the video. The characterizations of it as assault seem wide of the mark.

I was thinking the same thing. Poor taste sure, but not sure about assault. Much easier to believe that Mazepin is simply a douche.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Poor taste sure, but not sure about assault. Much easier to believe that Mazepin is simply a douche.
I think that has been objectively demonstrated. :)

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting explanation about Mercedes double stack snafu.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wouldnt surprise me to see Russell crash pushing a bit too hard this weekend. Going back into the Williams is going to be frustrating for sure.

Schwazer

Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see whether he's about to be indicted for something. Very odd to depart like that.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Absolutely correct here. On balance, I think RP are right where they should be in the constructor's championship. While I dont think Lance Stroll is as bad as he is often made out to be as a driver, imagine what they could do with some of the available talent that dont have seats right now.

McLaren started the season pretty strong and seem to have mostly stood still. Sainz hasnt been special this year and the car he's getting into next year isnt going to be doing him any favors. Norris clearly has talent, but he really needs to kick on next year.
Can’t argue with any of this.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. A bit cheeky of Danny to deny Max the grand slam on the final lap.

Perez jinxed himself by putting his FI/RP stats on his helmet. ? If Lance were a better driver, RP would have held on to 3rd in the constructors’.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Albon finally drove a decent race. This is what RB needed him to do more often. Basically be within the pit stop window to not let Mercedes do whatever they want on strategy.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. A bit cheeky of Danny to deny Max the grand slam on the final lap.

Perez jinxed himself by putting his FI/RP stats on his helmet. ? If Lance were a better driver, RP would have held on to 3rd in the constructors’.

It really does show you how impressive the RP cars have been this year. If they had a better driver than Lance in that car, they would have locked up 3rd place long ago, even with their points deduction. I love Seb and think he is still a world class talent, but I dont know if he is going to bring home enough extra points next year on Perez to make up for Lance.

With that said, I dont think Lance is a terrible driver. There are some drivers who are able to get more points out of their cars than they should be able to, and there are others who dont get enough out of their car. Lance is the second group.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Albon finally drove a decent race. This is what RB needed him to do more often. Basically be within the pit stop window to not let Mercedes do whatever they want on strategy.
Well, he did need a hobbled Mercedes in order to do it, but what you say is technically true. ?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, he did need a hobbled Mercedes in order to do it, but what you say is technically true. ?
He wasn't screwing around battling midfielders all race like he normally does. This time he managed to stay in the pit stop window providing enough cover for Max. That's really all RB wants from him but this is the first race he really provided it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads