• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been pulling for Hulk to get the second RBR seat, but I had to be honest with myself today: This is exactly the sort of race where he would have been more Stroll or Albon than Perez. Sergio should get that seat.

I'm a big fan of Hulkenberg but I feel like he never got a podium for a reason. Perez should definitely get the RBR seat if it becomes available.

Schwazer

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Hulkenberg but I feel like he never got a podium for a reason. Perez should definitely get the RBR seat if it becomes available.

I think they raced 3 seasons together at Force India and it ended up 2-1 to Perez.

But I do agree Perez is the better driver with better race craft.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hulk outqualified Perez 35-24 over the three seasons and was FI's leading finisher 23 vs Perez's 22. Despite Perez's obvious podium advantage, he only outscored Hulkenberg by 14 points over the three seasons. If Red Bull think that Albon's qualifying deficit to Max is the biggest issue, it could tip it in favor of Hulk.

Schwazer

Reaction score

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice job by Franz to generate some buzz for the weekend. I'm neither pro or anti salary cap but the best teams will always be able to pay. If the Toro Rosso was competitive enough there'd be drivers willing to take a pay cut to drive (and win) with them.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy crash on lap 1 by Grosjean. His car tore in half and exploded. Luckily he escaped with minor burns on his leg.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think people have been overeager to credit the halo in previous incidents, but it almost certainly prevented another Jochen Rindt-type death. I imagine that the FIA will be reassessing the use of bare Armco...

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely terrifying to watch. The speed at which he extracted himself from the vehicle is really something.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
His firesuit, helmet, gloves, and boot(s) performed remarkably well. He was in the fire for something like 20s, and I think the suits are rated for 12s.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His firesuit, helmet, gloves, and boot(s) performed remarkably well. He was in the fire for something like 20s, and I think the suits are rated for 12s.

I keep thinking of the difficulty of unbuckling his harness in a car that’s been cut in half and on fire all after the shock of a collision.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lewis Hamilton tests positive for Covid. He’s missing the race this weekend and replacement TBA.

Schwazer

Reaction score

Unbelievable.

Grosjean can now retire from F1 and enjoy his life with his wife and 3 children.

Credit to Van der Merwe and Roberts for their amazing work in unpredictable circumstances.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EEA254B2-14A5-41A0-944C-541DADE6AC97.jpeg

4BF8B359-0613-40AC-91ED-53CE76D879CE.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads