• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gasly's turnaround since returning to TR/AT is impressive. I hope that he is picked up by a non-RBR team for 2022. Albon should be calling the LMP and Formula E teams to see if anyone has a spot.

Bottas' pole was a real achievement. Imola is such a challenging track.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gasly's turnaround since returning to TR/AT is impressive. I hope that he is picked up by a non-RBR team for 2022. Albon should be calling the LMP and Formula E teams to see if anyone has a spot.

Bottas' pole was a real achievement. Imola is such a challenging track.
FE? Lol, get serious. That’s where F1 careers go to die right now.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we stop saying Russell is a future WC? The guy crumbles under pressure every time he has a chance to score a point. If this is just for P10, imagine how he’s going to fold driving for Mercedes.

Ferrari is still a joke when it comes to Seb. He needs to leave them. KMag did a great job ******* over a bunch of people. Stroll nearly killing his front jackman. Albon, smh. His F1 career is done.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am a confirmed Russell skeptic, but I think today was just bad luck. The replay from the following car showed that he hit some random bump at the worst possible moment. His F2 season was not decisive in my opinion, and who can tell what he's doing in a Williams when they have a pay driver alongside him? Mercedes presumably have a view that we don't, and they still seem keen on him, so maybe?

Ferrari's overall execution is ludicrous given they probably still have the biggest budget in F1. I accept that it makes sense to follow the development direction which seems to give results for Leclerc, but a good car should have a sufficient range of adjustment to give Seb the confidence he needs. I would argue that both Ferrari and RBR are currently reaping the rewards of focusing too much on their fastest driver. I'm not a huge Seb fan, but he's clearly not incompetent. Likewise, Gasly and Albon both showed well in a car that wasn't a Red Bull. Gasly was lucky enough to get back to Toro Rosso and rebuild his reputation. I don't think Albon will be so lucky unless Tsunoda fails to acquire enough points for a Super License. (How ******* cheesy is "Super License"?)

Next year should be Stroll's last year (well, this year should have been his last), but it doesn't seem that daddy is ready to tell him no. Heaven forbid he outperform Seb next year. Then we'll be stuck with this prat forever.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question: What was the last race that you found interesting for a reason besides a big crash, terrible team strategy/ **** up, or DNF? In other words, what was the last race where the actual racing, overtaking, etc was the star of the show?

In other news, Hamilton is one of the greatest drivers in the history of F1, so its not like he needs much luck, but they couldnt have asked for a better timed safety car. Seb X Ferrari, I mean, its getting embarrassing. Stroll's reaction to shunting his crew member was just about peak Stroll, wont be sorry to see him go when that happens. Albon... I've really been pulling for him, and I think he has talent, but I'm afraid he's not long for the F1 world. Then again, hes got a bunch of Thai money behind him, so he could find a seat somewhere. I dont think he's gonna get a soft landing like Gasly got and is taking advantage of. Russell needs a new seat. He needs to get a chance in a car that isnt ******* terrible and then its sink or swim time. By all accounts, everyone thinks really highly of him, so there has to be something there. His off today looked really unfortunate as there seemed to be a quick drop over the hill that lost the front.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Perez's pitstop handing Ricciardo the podium.

Racing Point must be fuming.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the very least there have been some interesting midfield battles. Not exactly epic but worth watching IMO.

Perez's pitstop handing Ricciardo the podium.

Racing Point must be fuming.

So happy to see Ricciardo on the podium however.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quick question: What was the last race that you found interesting for a reason besides a big crash, terrible team strategy/ **** up, or DNF? In other words, what was the last race where the actual racing, overtaking, etc was the star of the show?
I can't remember which race it was, but there has only been one this year I found dull. Yesterday would have been a bit more exciting without the VSC, but Lewis was already more than a second to the good on the pitstop delta.

I have been watching F1 since the early '90s, and I've never felt like the racing is dull overall. Always some duff races each year, but the fundamental entertainment has been there for me. If someone doesn't like Schumacher, Vettel, and/or Hamilton, I could see how there have been long stretches where the races might not have appealed. I wasn't a Vettel fan, but I still enjoyed those seasons. Go back and watch races from the '90s, and there are huge gaps and few finishers.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of a trick question because I can't remember too many races that didn't have a big crash, team strategy fuckup, pit stop **** up, or DNF. Nearly every race has some kind of screw up that livens up the race.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads