• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If the F2 race is any guide, there may actually be some racing tomorrow. I'm not counting on it, but maybe...

Schwazer

Reaction score
Back to back red flags.

Stroll crashed whilst fighting for 3rd place due to a puncture.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ferrari strategist to LeClerc- what do you think about plan C?

You’re the ******* strategist. Make the decision.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Poor Danny Ric. He had that podium locked up until Stroll's crash

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, I watch every race, but the racing is pretty boring these days. I know there were a bunch of crashes and red flags and blah blah, but the actual racing was still a bit of a procession.

F1 really needs to sort this **** out because at some point I'm gonna lose interest.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, I watch every race, but the racing is pretty boring these days. I know there were a bunch of crashes and red flags and blah blah, but the actual racing was still a bit of a procession.

F1 really needs to sort this **** out because at some point I'm gonna lose interest.
This. I watch because I really like F1, don't root for a team or particular driver, I just like it but honestly, it's getting boring and boring.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. I watch because I really like F1, don't root for a team or particular driver, I just like it but honestly, it's getting boring and boring.

There has to be something that can be done to make **** more interesting. Mandatory 2 stops, or reduced downforce, or get some cartoon coyote to throw oil on the track...

Something...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The cars are too big, too powerful, and have too much downforce. There are some tracks which are compatible with this and have good racing. Others require chance. Plus, one team is super dominant. There have been many races this year in which the action behind the Mercs was plenty good.

If F1 have gotten it right, this should be better in 2022. But I'm also down for reverse-grid qualifying races in 2021. Quali is, relatively, uninteresting, so another race would be a net gain for me.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think during the pandemic, they could have experimented with some Point A to Point B races.
Like, Lake Arrowhead to Vegas.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They'd have to have mobile pit setups, otherwise the other teams would know the pit strategy based on location. :)

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking hard tires mandatory, and air-tanker refueling over the I-15.
Which btw, would have sections of DRS zones for 30 mile stretches.
Shake and Bake.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll have a word with Ross next time we chat...

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think during the pandemic, they could have experimented with some Point A to Point B races.
Like, Lake Arrowhead to Vegas.

It would be too hard to marshall those races, as well as safety cars, emergency vehicles, etc.

Schwazer

Reaction score
It would be too hard to marshall those races, as well as safety cars, emergency vehicles, etc.

Yeah a few people mentioned the idea of a reverse race (the other way around) on an existing track but the run offs and safety barriers wouldn't be in the correct position.

Schwazer

Reaction score
"YES!! For my critics... to whom it may concern, f*** you."

We've heard that radio message from Valtteri Bottas before...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads