• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So happy the season started. Also pleased to see the masks and social distancing. Exciting ending with Leclerc and Lando on the podium. Looking forward to Hungary.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So happy the season started. Also pleased to see the masks and social distancing. Exciting ending with Leclerc and Lando on the podium. Looking forward to Hungary.
Crazy race with so many retirements not related to crashes. The Kimi tire coming loose was a giant wtf is going on here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crazy race with so many retirements not related to crashes. The Kimi tire coming loose was a giant wtf is going on here.

No ****, huh? Had to rewatch that a few times to figure out what happened.

The Albon/Hamilton duel was tough to watch as well.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
any suggestions for how best to catch f1? my normal source doesn't seem to be available. would welcome any pms

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't understand how Verstappen's running Leclerc off the track last year is "just racing" and Hamilton gets a penalty for his contact with Albon. I was actually rooting for Albon to win, but by the time he got alongside, Hamilton's trajectory was set. That pass relied on Hamilton to get out of the way.

Schwazer

Reaction score
I don't understand how Verstappen's running Leclerc off the track last year is "just racing" and Hamilton gets a penalty for his contact with Albon. I was actually rooting for Albon to win, but by the time he got alongside, Hamilton's trajectory was set. That pass relied on Hamilton to get out of the way.

FIA was desperate for a non-Mercedes win in the 2019 season.

It was Mercedes domination up to that point.

SmellBlind

Reaction score
I have to agree, I felt the penalty was unjustified. Albon had plenty of space on the outside and chose not to use it.

1594044883802.png

Schwazer

Reaction score
Albon was ahead. I don't think he had "plenty" of space on the outside.

I don't know whether Hamilton was understeering or whether he was at full lock.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hamilton absolutely understeered wide...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on SmellBlind’s picture, Albon had more than enough space.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
According to Merc/Hamilton, he did not release the brake, press the throttle, or unwind lock leading up to the contact. Albon was ahead at the point of contact, but he was only alongside at the point that Hamilton's line was committed. The image above shows that he had space to avoid contact. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was his fault, just that it's a racing incident. You chance that pass at that corner, you have to understand that you may get pushed off or make contact.

Schwazer

Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Alonso is back! I’m sure he’ll love fighting for 12 place in the 6th best team if he manages to finish a race next year.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like Scott Mansell, but his logic is muddled. He bases his conclusion of fault on Albon's being in front of Hamilton, but also says (implicitly) that by the time Albon is in front, Hamilton's trajectory is set and there's little he can do but wait for the front to grip. Albon is behind or only alongside for the entirety of the phase when Hamilton's setting his line. And he's able to pull ahead because Hamilton does see that he's there and doesn't accelerate as one typically would in that phase of the corner. It's not just the grip of Albon's tires allowing him to get his car ahead.

I fully agree with his assessment that Hamilton's setup for the corner was a tactical mistake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads