1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by idfnl, Feb 6, 2012.

1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Hamilton also lucked into the SC timing. Any earlier in the lap, and Nico would have come in, stacking Hamilton in the pits.

2. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

True. The SC made a huge different closing the gap to Nico too.

3. Pilot

Pilot Distinguished Member

Not F1 related, but have you guys seen the video of Tony Stewart hitting Kevin Ward Jr on the track?

Everyone is calling it an accident, but it looks like it was pretty intentional, especially given the fact that he gunned the throttle causing the tail to slide and hit him. RIP Kevin Ward.

Granted he shouldn't have been running around the middle of the track like that, but I can't help but think it was intentional.

4. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Damn. That was a criminal act. So obviously intentional. Stupid to confront him like that, but he probably thought he could scare the guy by fishtailing at him and hit him instead.

5. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Distinguished Member

What a moron. Mr. Tough guy didn't stand a chance.

Cannot believe Tony Stewart planned to still race. I guess someone talked him out of it.

6. sugarbutch

The circle track fans are saying that it's pretty common for the guy in the car to gas it and spray dirt on the idiot standing on the track. So, stupid, but probably not criminal (at least in intent).

Maybe this will get these knuckleheads to stay in their cars.

7. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

I think its the reverse. His intent was almost certainly not to run the guy over, but if there is an established act these idiots do, then it can be established that this is was the driver was doing, and therefore did it with intent, which seems pretty clearly like involuntary manslaughter. Somehow, in sports we seem to give fights, and all kinds of other criminal acts a pass. If it was a loss of control, an issue with the car or a freak accident, that would be one thing, but if he was doing this idiotic "spray dirt" then I think he took the guys life into his own hands and deserves to be charged.

I don't see how this one can be overlooked.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014

8. lasbar

lasbar Stylish Dinosaur

It's just awful to see a young guy getting killed like that..

9. sugarbutch

I'm sorry the guy died, but you charge a race car with nothing but some Nomex to protect yourself, you kinda get what you get. Stewart is a hothead, and what he did was stupid, but not criminal in my opinion. (Based, of course, on the available information at this point.)

10. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

I honestly see your point, but what if that car was a gun and he tried to shoot past him and killed him instead... would anyone doubt charges in that situation? Or what if it wasn't a racetrack but some guy's private dirt bike track in his yard? Or what if it was a bunch of boy racers?

There was a recent vid of some boy racer in England that tried to show off and plowed a crowd... he's getting charged, and you know there was no intent but yet charges.

Steward doesn't deserve a pass. Had he not gunned the throttle, it wouldn't have happened.

11. sugarbutch

I can't accept such a binary assignment of responsibility. If the guy stays in his car, it wouldn't have happened. If the guy doesn't step toward Stewart's car, it wouldn't have happened.

12. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Distinguished Member

It does look really bad though. I mean Tony hit him twice. If he would of gotten hit by another driver, it would probably look more like an accident. Tony was probably trying to scare him, and got too close. I don't think he would intentionally try to kill another driver. Either way, it just looks really bad.

13. DeSense

DeSense Distinguished Member

So basically he was 'fair game' and forfeited his life once he left his car? Come on...

14. lasbar

lasbar Stylish Dinosaur

It was voluntary then he has to be responsible...

Jail ..

15. sugarbutch

If a person steps into the path of a passing car, is the driver criminally liable?